There are ten things you should never do in a job interview.
Ten job interview mistakes
- Being underprepared. Do your homework on the company, the role and how you’d fit in.
- Arriving late – or arriving too early. Plan your travel carefully.
- Poor presentation – always dress professionally.
- Lying – always be truthful when answering questions or when talking about your qualifications and work experience.
- Recapping your CV – the interviewer has already read over your CV. Showcase the skills and experience you have that you couldn’t fit in your CV.
- Talking negatively about your previous employer.
- Asking about salary and company benefits.
- Not actually answering the question that you’ve been asked or giving one-word answers to questions.
- Leaving your phone on loud.
- Forgetting to ask questions. If you’re unsure what to ask, nijobfinder has put together some of the key questions you should ask in an interview.
By avoiding these common job interview mistakes, you’ll have the best possible chance of interview success.