The key to a successful interview is preparation! You know how the saying goes… if you fail to prepare then prepare to fail. With this in mind, we’ve put together some helpful tips on how you can prepare for an interview.
Tip to prepare for an interview
- Research the company – look specifically at what they do, their products/services and their performance over the past year.
- Look into the industry – think about what’s currently happening within the industry, the key trends, issues the industry is facing and research competitors.
- Research the role – how do you fit and what can you offer the company? Read the job description carefully.
- Study your CV or job application – memorise the content, expand and make notes on your skills and key achievements that make you the perfect candidate for the job.
- Research common interview questions and how best to answer them. We’ve highlighted some of the most commonly asked interview questions and sample answers to give you a head start.
- Look at the practical preparations like the time, date and location of the interview.
In need of some more advice? Our career advice area is full of helpful tips from how to create a killer CV to advice on starting your new job and much more!