Assistant Accountant New
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000
5 days ago
- Closing Date
3rd Dec 2017
- Job Location
- £20,000 - £30,000
- Closing Date
- 3rd December 2017
- Employment Type
- Permanent Full-Time
- Accountancy & Finance
- Job Role(s)
- Assistant Accountant
- Minimum Experience
- See Job Description
- See Description
- Employer Type
About the job
SITE: Odyssey Trust
RESPONSIBLE TO: W5 Accountant
LOCATION: Queen’s Quay, Belfast, BT3 9QQ
DATE: November 2017
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Working for the W5 Accountant within a team setting, the post holder will assist in the accounting function. This post is based within the Trust’s corporate team and includes undertaking work in W5 ensuring compliance with rigorous financial systems.
The post holder will:-
1. Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts including accruals and prepayments.
2. Prepare Gift aid claims to HMRC.
3. Manage the direct debit system for season ticket holders and prepare the monthly prepayment journal.
4. Prepare bank reconciliations.
5. Maintain fixed asset registers
6. Prepare accounting information for grant applications and claims
7. Credit Control.
8. Purchase & sales ledger
9. General ledger responsibilities on posting nominal journal entries.
10. Stock control & stock testing for the retail shop & café.
11. Assist with Monthly payroll.
12. Maintain efficient and robust accounting systems and controls
13. Direct staff in financial procedures and processing of accounts
14. Support other members of the Finance Team in the analysis of information and ad hoc financial reporting.
15. As part of the Finance team ensure good housekeeping standards, safety and security standards.
All staff are expected to
• work in accordance with OTC policies and procedures
• maintain excellent working relationships with other staff and contractors
• To be flexible undertaking such duties as would be deemed reasonable to ensure the effective working of the Company and subsidiaries.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Essential Criteria
• 3 years’ experience within the last five years in a commercial setting
• Qualified Accounting Technician
• Proficient in SAGE Line 50
• Computer literate, with excellent experience of Microsoft Office with particularly experience in Excel Spreadsheets
• Ability to use own initiative but also work well within a team
• Strong commercial experience & excellent analytical skills
• Excellent organisational skills with an ability to manage competing deadlines
• Excellent communication skills dealing with a range of stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal skills to forge close working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and external bodies.
• The ability to work accurately under pressure to achieve deadlines.
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasionally working public holidays, weekends and evenings.
• Experience in payroll preparation
All staff are expected to demonstrate the core values of our business. These are positivity, integrity, commitment, innovation and teamwork.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend a short assessment. This will comprise of a competency based test which will last for approximately 20 minutes and is designed to test basic, technical knowledge. Candidates are not expected to prepare anything beforehand; all materials will be provided at the time. Please do let us know prior to the test should you have any special requirements or adjustments.
Salary: £23,000- £27,000 commensurate with experience.
Application deadline-Sunday 3rd December 2017