The Merchant Hotel - Front Office Manager New
Salary: Not Disclosed
4 days ago
- Closing Date
24th Jul 2017
- The Beannchor Group
- Job Location
- Not Disclosed
- Closing Date
- 24th July 2017
- Employment Type
- Permanent Full-Time
- Hotel & Catering
- Job Role(s)
- Front Office Manager
- Minimum Experience
- 2-3 yrs
- Not Disclosed
- Employer Type
- Rachel McCord
About the job
The Merchant Hotel currently have an exciting opportunity for a Front Office Manager to oversee our Front Of House operations. Reporting into the Front of House Manager the candidate will have responsibility for the Front Of House team consisting of: Reception, Nights, Reservations, Switchboard and Concierge. Supported by the Assistant Front Office Manager and Head Concierge.
As Northern Ireland's only 5 AA Red Star Property this is a unique opportunity to work as part of an award winning team delivering excellent customer service with a passion that will also drive a team.
The 5* Merchant Hotel has 62 bedrooms situated in the heart of Belfast City Centre's historic Cathedral Quarter. The grandeur of the original Grade A listed building is complemented by an elegant Art Deco inspired wing with a multitude of exciting amenities. A renowned leader in the hospitality industry, The Merchant Hotel has a reputation for outstanding service and excellence.
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
The Role will involve
- Managing the Front of House Team
- Ensure adequate staffing and scheduling of all Front Office Team
- Maintaining and driving exceptional levels of customer service
- Training the team on various technical and soft skills
- Motivating the team to deliver the 5 AA Red Star standards
- Overseeing the guest journey pre and post stay
- Duty Management (training will be provided)
- Experienced Front Of House Manager with a established history of working in the Hospitality or Tourism industry to a 5 Star level
- Full Clean Driving License
- Understanding of a Property Management
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others
- Excellent IT Skills
- A passion for the industry who displays initiative and appreciation for quality service
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own.
- Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal
- Proven track record of delivering on sales and upselling
- Knowledge of Revenue Management
- Knowledge of Duty Management
- Experience with working with OTAs
Experience of management in a similar environment is desirable along with a thorough understanding of systems and processes used by all 4 front of house teams.
The position is on a shift basis, 5 days out of 7 and hours of work will vary and include weekend, evening work and nights, and most be completely flexible. However the shift pattern will mainly be day shifts.
The Merchant Hotel offers their Management team:
- A basic £24,000 salary and a 10% bonus.
- Private Healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- company mobile phone.
- Beannchor Group discount
- 28 days holiday (plus your birthday off)
- Seasonal parties
To apply for this position please click 'apply' to be directed to our careers page.
The Closing Date for this position is Tuesday 25th July 2017.
The Merchant Hotel Ltd is an equal opportunities employer
"The company reserves the right to apply an enhanced short listing criteria"
The Merchant Hotel - Front Office Manager