Maintenance Engineer New
Location: Co. Down
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
3 days ago
- Closing Date
21st May 2017
- Reactive Recruitment
- Job Location
- Co. Down
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Closing Date
- 21st May 2017
- Employment Type
- Permanent Full-Time
- Job Role(s)
- Maintenance Engineer
- Minimum Experience
- 2-3 yrs
- See Description
- Employer Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Bobby Sturgeon
About the job
£30,000 + benefits
Reactive Recruitment are currently seeking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer to join a leading local employer who are part of one of Irelands leasing FMCG Group. This role is based at their historic yet state of the art facility which is based in Tandragee.
12 hours, 7-7, three on . three off, alternating days and nights.
The post holder will be tasked with the following duties:
- Supporting the Engineering Manager in achievement of their objectives for preventative maintenance and process improvements
- The efficient operation and control of plant, machinery and equipment, through maximising machine output and minimising production down time.
- Improving production processes line layouts and production efficiency.
- Continuous improvement of process by assisting in implementing new monitoring and control systems for plant & machinery and updating existing systems.
- Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns.
- Fixing faults on site or arranging for replacement machinery or equipment to be installed.
- Finding and fixing faults and recalibrating instruments.
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule.
- Assist with production staff training in relation to correct machine operation.
- Apply knowledge, in a logical systematic approach to troubleshoot & repair equipment breakdowns.
- Complete assigned preventative maintenance and follow-up documentation as required.
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate;
- Time served with at least 3 years experience in a maintenance capacity
- Experience in production, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic and steam generation systems
- An understanding of a range of end of line packing equipment
- Working experience of interpreting engineering drawings
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Previous working experience in a food processing environment
- An Industrial Engineering or Industrial Mechanical / Electrical qualification (equivalent to NVQ Level 3 or above)
- Experience of fault diagnosis and repair in a high volume manufacturing/industrial process environment
In return you can expect an excellent package including a salary c£30,000 plus benefits