Network Engineer New
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
5 days ago
- Closing Date
12th Dec 2017
- Hays IT
- Job Location
- £35,000 - £45,000
- Closing Date
- 12th December 2017
- Employment Type
- Permanent Full-Time
- Job Role(s)
- IT Engineer
- Minimum Experience
- No Minimum Requirement
- See Description
- Employer Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Roisin Byrne
About the job
Enterprise managed Service Provider require a Network Specialist to join thier team- Cisco and JUniper
Your new company
A leading provider of technology solutions for complex administration and payments.
Their technology platforms and solutions are used by the FTSE 100, Government and other large corporates, particularly in banking, insurance and other financial services
Your new role
This post forms part of the Infrastructure Network team dealing with escalated and confidential incidents, problem and changes. The team implement, support, maintain and upgrade core network services.
Within this broad remit, the post is particularly focused on supporting our switch, firewall, fibre estate and network security service. This is an infrastructure support role with components of project delivery required.
What you need to do.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Responding to and resolving incidents and service requests both remotely and face to face, using specific call handling software (SCSM)
- Prioritise, analyse, track and escalate alerts in line with area protocols
- Manage incidents and service requests for users at several sites
- Work on projects, deployments and infrastructure enhancements where required
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for our chosen network stack in the Belfast office– primarily Cisco Switches, Firewalls, Fibre networks, Secureworks IDS Software.
- Work as a team member with the wider IT Network team to protect against single points of service.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers for hardware issues including call ownership and management
- To manage the details of hardware that forms the renewal of contracts for network services.
- Apply ITIL methodology to deliver best practice in all areas
- To support regular disaster recovery tests during and outside business hours.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Evidence of phone and remote Tier 2 to 3 end-user support and resolution to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco Firewall and Switch technology.
- Good knowledge of Juniper services.
- Awareness of virtualisation across data centres and sites, preferably Hyper-V.
- Excellent knowledge of LAN/WAN, VLAN management, evidence of efficient management and
- Excellent understanding of the Cisco (CCNA level or greater).
- Understanding of virtualisation on a storage area network.
- CompTIA A+ or Network + certification
- Prince 2 Foundation
What you get in return.
An opportunity to work for a rapidly changing, ambitious and dynamic business who look to employ people who put the customer at the heart of everything they do. Over the last 7 years we have made 16 acquisitions to create an exciting organisation which focuses on innovation and technology.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.