Abacus Careers are pleased to be recruiting a KYC Associate on behalf of a global alternative investment firm for their Belfast office.
You will be joining a company with low staff turnover, emphasis on personal development, and strong plans to continue being a leader in their industry. Unlike a lot of global firms, you won’t just be another number, you will be joining a company where your input is valued.
Attractive depending on experience, gym subsidy, private medical, pension, hybrid role for the foreseeable, realistic progression opportunities
- Undertaking end to end client and counterparty onboarding and refresh including undertaking all aspects of the CDD process.
- Adhering to applicable internal and regulatory requirements relating to CDD.
- Conducting due diligence at all levels, including enhanced due diligence.
- Identifying ultimate beneficial owners, controllers and PEPs.
- Undertaking adverse media screening.
- Undertaking sanctions screening.
- Escalating concerns and discrepancies in CDD documentation to the appropriate staff.
- Tracking outstanding CDD requests and progressing these on own initiative.
- Observing CDD processing targets in terms of file quality and speed of review.
- Alerting suspicions to the MLRO.
- Ensure CDD files maintained accurately using internally agreed upon protocols.
- Responsible for opening new accounts, maintaining settlement instruction, checking accounts against compliance guidelines, maintain pricing, opening new markets and any other tasks that may be requested.
- Effectively utilise several systems to maintain accurate data for seamless downstream trade processing.
- Communicate regularly with managers, traders, salespeople, finance, and other designated contacts within the organisation to support the CDD onboarding and refresh process.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant university degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in CDD required, preferably involving a wide range of counterparty types and risk levels.
- Sound knowledge of UK CDD onboarding regulations and requirements, including the JMLSG Guidance notes.
- 2+ years’ experience in finance or operations preferred.
- Individual must be dependable, responsible, motivated and demonstrate the ability to be successful with minimal supervision. Must be highly organised and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed during challenging circumstances, including strict deadlines and technical issues and maintain composure under pressure.
- Candidate must possess strong customer relationship skills.
- Must possess problem solving ability, strong computer and communication skills.
Please contact Nicky Strutt at Abacus Careers for a further chat
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.