Quality Assurance Manager | Co Armagh | £30-32k
Vickerstock are proud to be working in partnership with a leading Food Production Client renowned for investing in both their business and their people to recruit a highly driven Quality Assurance Manager for their busy manufacturing facility in Co. Armagh
Reporting to company’s Head of Technical this role will be responsible for promoting a Quality ethos across the Business.
What we have to offer
- Salary £30-32k
- Holiday entitlement
- Company pension
- Progression opportunities – growing business
- Free parking
Your new role as Quality Assurance Manager
- Establishing and protecting the quality and brand standards for the Business and its customers.
- Managing all quality issues as part of the technical team
- Implementing and maintaining the company Quality Management Systems and procedures throughout the facility
- Corrective action and control of non-conforming ingredients/product
- Ensure all quality controls in respect to raw materials, process flow, finished products, packaging and environmental matters are adhered to strictly.
- Management of quality control team.
- Co-ordinate, manage and carry out traceability testing
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Technical to ensure Food Safety, HACCP, TACCP and VACCP on site.
- Promoting and protecting quality standards and product integrity by strict monitoring and auditing of systems
- Implement and monitor hygiene best practice and allergen control throughout the site
- Investigating customer complaints and report on actions taken
- Assisting in the preparation of the site for customer and accreditation audits
- Escalation of any non-conformances to senior management
What will you need to succeed
- 3rd Level qualification in relevant Food Science / Technology discipline
- Proven experience of leading Food Safety & Quality teams in Food Manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Management Systems, procedures and policies
- Previous experience in a BRC accredited environment
- Level 3 HACCP qualification
- Driven and resilient with a can-do attitude to getting the job
- Results orientated individual with an ability to achieve ambitious deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative in approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Report writing and procedural writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong IT skills
Get in touch
Sound like the career move you’ve been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to me (Paul Muir) now on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this job doesn’t quite get the taste buds flowing but like me, you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help.