Operations – Securities Finance
Abacus Careers are pleased to be recruiting an Operations Analyst on behalf of a global alternative investment firm for their Belfast office.
You will be joining a company with low staff turnover, emphasis on personal development, and strong plans to continue being a leader in their industry. Unlike a lot of global firms, you won’t just be another number, you will be joining a company where your input is valued.
Attractive depending on experience, gym subsidy, private medical, pension, hybrid role for the foreseeable, realistic progression opportunities
- Ensuring timely allocation of trades, settlement, cash collateral movements and reconciliation of any exceptions
- Liaising with counterparties, Agent banks, Treasury and Front office to resolve issues and settle trades
- Working with Front Office to resolve booking issues and amendments
- Working with Treasury daily to project the day’s cash usage
- Resolving any external breaks on the daily contract comparison report
- Pre-matching trades for future settlement
- Investigating outstanding internal and external stock and cash breaks and resolving them in a timely manner
- Working closely with the New York team to address any outstanding issues from the day
- Working with the Front office to streamline the operation flow of the various products that we support.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant university degree in finance, economics or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience
- 1-3 years’ work experience in Operations/Clearing/ International Settlements/Sec Lending Middle Office/Collateral Management
- Knowledge of investment types and financial markets
- Experience with reconciliations, trade input and accounting reporting
- Trade settlement experience in various International markets or Sec lending Middle Office support experience
- Customer focused attitude, and able to interface directly with clients
- Ability to ensure high levels of confidentiality are maintained in relation to the work of the company and clients.
- Good written and verbal English communications skills
- Experience working with clearing counterparties
- Ability to manage high volumes with multiple settlement and payment deadlines.
Please contact Nicky Strutt at Abacus Careers for a further chat
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.