RAINEY ENDOWED SCHOOL
Head of Digital Technology – Fixed Term (one year: September 2022 – June 2023)
Responsible to: Principal
Salary: Appropriate placing on the spine for qualified teacher plus 1 Management Allowance
In addition to the professional duties of a subject teacher as detailed in the Teachers’ (Terms & Conditions of Service) Regulations (NI) 1987, the person appointed will be expected to:
- be responsible for the leading and teaching of ICT throughout the school
- lead a team of staff through curricular developments required by the NI Curriculum;
- ensure the efficient running of the ICT Department;
- line manage the ICT technician
- undertake a pastoral role as a Form Tutor
- share in the supervision duties undertaken by all members of staff
- make a contribution to the extra-curricular activities of the school
- undertake such tasks as may be reasonably assigned to him/her from time to time by the Principal
Essential Short-listing Criteria
The following criteria would be essential for a candidate to have in order to fully satisfy the requirements of the post. By 1 September 2022 candidates should have:
- Recognised teacher status to teach in an 11-19 school (completion of a PGCE in 2022 will be acceptable)
- An honours degree in ICT or one in which ICT is a major component (2:2 minimum)
- The ability to teach Digital Technology to “A” level
- The ability to teach Digital Technology at GCSE level
- The ability to teach ICT to Key Stage 3
- Be competent in the use of ICT and its application to the teaching of Digital Technology & ICT
- Be able to demonstrate good teamwork, good communication and interpersonal skills
- An Honours Degree at 2:1 or above
- Recent experience of teaching Digital Technology at GCSE level
- Recent experience of teaching Digital Technology at A level
- Be able to demonstrate that he/she is familiar with collegiality and would seek the promotion of this approach to departmental leadership;
- Evidence of management and administrative experience;
- A willingness and ability to make a contribution to the overall extra-curricular life of the school
Both the application form and interview will assess criteria described above.
Please note applicants will be expected to teach a 15-minute lesson that shall constitute part of the interview process. Further details of the lesson will be provided following the short-listing procedure.
Posts involving work in educational institutions are subject to the provisions of the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults (NI) Order 2003.
On taking up the post, applicants must be registered teachers with GTCNI.
Please note that the Board of Governors of Rainey Endowed School reserve the right to enhance any or all of the essential or desirable criteria; and/or apply any or all of the desirable criteria; and/or not appoint to the post.
Please note that the Board of Governors of Rainey Endowed School will pay careful attention to the quality of written communication.
To download an application form, please click DOWNLOAD APPLICATION PACK.
Applications must be received by the Principal’s Secretary no later than 10.00 am on Monday 23 May 2022.
Please note it is anticipated to hold interviews week commencing 30 May 2022.