Permanent Healthcare Assistant
At our private facility on the Lisburn Road, close to Belfast City Centre, we at Fitzwilliam Clinic pride ourselves on our reputation for delivering our services to the highest possible standards. This is only possible with a fantastic team of experienced, capable and skilled staff. In order to maintain those standards we wish to interview for an experienced Healthcare Assistant which presents a great opportunity for experienced, confident and personable Assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will be flexible in their working patterns and already possess relevant experience. The ability to assist patients and staff in the provision of safe and relevant care along with having the ability to adopt the established programmes of care is essential including the ability to raise awareness of any circumstances of concern.
The remuneration for this post is extremely competitive and includes generous overtime policy, sick pay scheme, enhanced pension scheme and private healthcare.
As members of the clinical team, the Healthcare Assistant will participate and contribute to:
- Patient care focused assessment.
- Outpatient coordination and flow, chaperoning and assistance with dressings and patient statistics.
- Assistance with stock management, theatre and consult room set-up.
- Assistance to Consultants as directed.
- Effective team working, maintaining staff relationships through excellent verbal and written communications.
Ideal Candidates (Essential Criteria):
- Hospital or care environment experience.
- Proven ability to communicate assertively, effectively and sensitively with patients and clients and across the various range of situations experienced in a patient focused, healthcare environment and to include clear written and verbal instructions and advice to patients following procedures.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage workflows and responsibilities.
- Accountable for responsibilities, committed and enthusiastic. Reliable, flexible, tenacious and willing to learn.
- Strong ability to communicate and document including assessment of situations and escalation to the Nursing Team, Management or Consultants as necessary.
- 5 GCSEs - to grade C and to include English and Maths.
- Working knowledge of patient record software.
- Demonstrable understanding of professional standards of practice and the adherence to RQIA Minimum Standards and Independent Healthcare Regulations (NI 2005).
Previous experience in a theatre or outpatient environment would be considered an advantage.
Mandatory Training includes, but is not limited to: Safeguarding of Adults and Children, CPR, Fire Safety, Infection Prevention and Control and Manual Handling.
To submit your CV for this position, please click APPLY NOW.
The closing date for applications is 30th May 2022. CVs or application forms detailing all required experience should be submitted. We expect a high response and would advise that if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date that you have not been selected for interview.
Fitzwilliam Clinic is an equal opportunities employer.