Full-time Primary Teacher
Line Manager: Principal
Salary: Teachers’ Main Pay Scale
The detailed responsibilities of the role are given in the Teachers’ (Terms and Conditions of Service) Regulations (NI) 1987.
Summary of the main responsibilities
Under the direction and guidance of the Primary Coordinator:
- Planning and preparing programmes and lessons for the assigned class within the framework of the Northern Ireland Curriculum
- Teaching, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to him/her
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Drawing up and monitoring the Personal Learning Plans of all pupils in the class, communicating the plans to others, and liaising with other colleagues as necessary to ensure the implementation of the plans
- Promoting the general progress and wellbeing of all pupils in the assigned class, including ensuring the careful implementation of any Care Plans
- Leading the work of the Classroom Assistants in the class
- Communicating and consulting with the parents of pupils
- Communicating and co-operating with outside organisations as appropriate
- Providing information to support the Annual Review process and taking a leading role in the Review meeting
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils in accordance with the policies of the school
- Contributing to the general pastoral care of all pupils in the school and liaising with senior staff as appropriate regarding Health and Safety and Child Protection
- Registering the daily attendance of pupils and monitoring attendance
- Engaging in ongoing professional development and related procedures. This will include a requirement to qualify as a Qualified Teacher of the Visually Impaired or a Qualified Teacher of the Deaf within five years of taking up the post, if not already qualified.
- Participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above
Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the grade may be assigned from time to time. This may include teaching Literacy and/or Numeracy in the Post-Primary department.
An Information Pack for Applicants for this post is available from the school’s Senior Clerical Officer, Mrs J Gault, by clicking CONTACT EMPLOYER.
The pack consists of:
- Applicant Guidance Notes
- Candidate Privacy Statement
- Job Description and Person Specification
- Application Form
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com by 12.00 noon on Tuesday 24th May. You are advised to request a delivery receipt for your application form. Your application will be acknowledged by return email.
A hard copy delivered to the school office, either by hand or post, by the deadline, is also acceptable. A receipt will be provided.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Interviews are expected to take place between Monday 30th May and Wednesday 1st June 2022 inclusive.
A reserve list may be created for future similar positions.