Full-time Teacher of Business Studies
Temporary - 2 years with possible extension
Line Manager: Principal
Salary: Teachers’ Main Pay Scale
Summary of the main aspects of the role
- To teach Business related specifications throughout the school, including preparing pupils for public examinations. These specifications are reviewed annually to respond to pupil needs and may include the Business units of:
? ASDAN Qualifications
? CCEA Entry Level Life Skills
? Prince’s Trust qualifications
? OCN Vocational Qualifications
? CCEA Occupational Studies
? CCEA GCSE Business Studies or Business Communication Systems
? Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificates (Business or Public Services) or CCEA Advanced Level Business Studies
- To deliver Business Enterprise programmes throughout the school
- To contribute to the teaching of a subsidiary subject
- To maintain good order and discipline among pupils in accordance with the policies of the school
- To contribute to the general pastoral care of all pupils in the school and liaise with senior staff as appropriate regarding Health and Safety and Child Protection
- To engage in ongoing professional development and related procedures
- To participate in meetings and complete reports as necessary for any of the purposes described above
- To perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Principal from time to time within the level of the post
As the sole teacher of Business Studies in the school, all Schemes of Work will be the responsibility of the successful candidate.
An Information Pack for Applicants for this post is available from the school’s Senior Clerical Officer, Mrs J Gault, by clicking CONTACT EMPLOYER.
The pack consists of:
- Applicant Guidance Notes
- Candidate Privacy Statement
- Job Description and Person Specification
- Application Form
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com by 12.00 noon on Tuesday 24th May. You are advised to request a delivery receipt for your application form. Your application will be acknowledged by return email.
A hard copy delivered to the school office, either by hand or post, by the deadline, is also acceptable. A receipt will be provided.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Interviews are expected to take place between Monday 30th May and Wednesday 1st June 2022 inclusive.
A reserve list may be created for future similar positions.