At Reward, our business sits firmly in the fin-tech market where we have close relations with national and international financial giants and industry leaders. With our diverse range of projects, we strive to combine the best talent across disciplines such as Engineering, Architecture, Design and Product Strategy with cutting edge technology. Our goals are ambitious, and the pace is quick and so we recruit people who are not afraid to challenge the status quo and can help us achieve our mission of delivering the best loyalty programmes in the world around the world.
Reporting to the Senior Software Development Manager, the Software Development Manager will be responsible for managing multiple development teams. Responsibilities will include:
• Management of the Engineering team
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assuring designs meet requirements, and maintaining code quality across all teams.
• Manage team level escalations and impediments
• Oversee resource allocation in line with company work priorities.
• Oversee provisioning of access and tools
• Work with product managers/owners to deliver the product road map to meet the company goals
• Work closely with Architects and Senior Engineers
• Work with Scrum Masters and Project Management on prioritisation, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
• Translate business requirements into solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
• Instill operational excellence, supporting monitoring and operation of production services
What you bring to the team:
• Pro-active and self-motivated attitude.
• Articulate with good business acumen and a professional manner.
• Ability to manage a team and own workload on a daily basis.
• Outgoing personality, with strong organisational skills and a tenacious nature.
• Able to make quick decisions to support key stakeholders
• Focused and driven to help make the Belfast Centre of Excellence a great place to work for all
The Software Development Manager will play a significant role as part of a wider Engineering leadership team.
• Drive team performance through product delivery to meet business needs.
• Develop effective teams of skilled professionals providing direction and coaching of agile working practices.
• Build strong relationships engaging with peers and other colleagues working to common purposes from within the IT function and the wider business.
• Expected to understand the business needs and lead your team to support delivery of the Product Roadmap.
• 2+ years’ experience building and leading agile Engineering Team(s)
• Delivering and maintaining capacity planning across multiple your engineering teams
• Capable of building highly scalable production software
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Expertise in mobile and web-technologies
• Aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to apply logic and experience to assist with the development of solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 25 days annual leave increasing by one day a year to 30 days (plus public holidays)
• Company holiday between Christmas & New Year (extra 3 days)
• Pension with Hargreaves Lansdown – 4% matched contribution
• Private healthcare with Vitality for yourself and any nominated dependents
• Early finish on the last Friday of the month (3pm)
• Ability to buy and sell holiday days as well as the ability to bank days (tenure dependent)
• Cashback/discount shopping site (Perks at Work)
• Flexible working options – we are operating a hybrid working model from our Belfast office (to be agreed with your manager)
• Variety of social events throughout the year such as Christmas party, company away day, movie nights, beer and pizza nights to name but a few