Head of Financial Accounting and Reporting
Your new company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are representing a large public sector body for the appointment of an Immediate Head of Financial Accounting and Reporting. Paying London comparative daily rates for a Fixed Term Contract.
Interviews to commence next week - week commencing 17/01/11
Your new role
- Lead the delivery of systems of financial control, ensuring that all transactions are monitored, recorded and reported appropriately.
- Lead on matters of technical accounting, financial control and assurance across the Department, interpreting international accounting standards and government wide regulations to apply them to the context.
- Lead the planning and preparation of the Department's annual statutory accounts, group consolidation and Whole of Government Accounts and ensure that accounting and assurances deadlines are met.
- Manage our day to day relationships with stakeholders across government, including HM Treasury, Cabinet Office, and internal and external auditors.
- Lead the financial accounting team of 6 staff, with 2 direct reports.
What you'll need to succeed
Full CCAB qualified accountant
Demonstrable experience of design and implementation of new financial processes and control
Demonstrable experience of preparing or auditing financial statements
Experience of building positive and effective working relationships across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, and having a credible impact with senior colleague.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to comprehend complex technical information and distil it into a format that is widely understandable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Elaine McCullagh If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.