Dental Practice / Business Manager
Hours: 40hrs over 5 days
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
At Twin Spires Dental Surgery our patients are at the heart of everything we do.
We are seeking a dynamic and commercially aware business manager. Previous dental experience desirable but we also welcome applications from successful managers from other industries.
The practice has 3 surgeries with 2 principle dentists and 3 associate dentists, we are a predominantly an NHS practice, which has been well established within the community for over 30 years. Our main dental system is SOE - EXACT, and we are fully digitised.
The surgery is based in Belfast, with good access links, there is also parking available.
In addition to managing the day to day operations of the surgery, you will be expected to undertake the role of the RQIA registered manager for the practice and will have proven skills and experience to drive the surgery forward.
- Manage all day to day operations of the practice
- Responsible for all aspects of performance management, including coaching, leading & developing a high performing practice team in a positive environment for both staff and patients
- Management of all financial aspects of the practice, including claim management, debtor and contract management, planning income targets for the practice, review and analyse P&L to ensure you achieve or exceed these targets
- Generating management operational reports on a monthly basis.
- Monitoring key performance indicators & support clinicians to achieve their targets
- Proactively market the practice to drive patient numbers
- Ensuring the practice meets RQIA standards and legislative guidelines (as the RQIA registered manager)
- Effectively manage all aspects of HR management, including recruitment & selection for all practice staff
Skills and experience:
- Commercially minded
- Confident leading a team of between 7 – 15 staff
- Understanding how to generate income and control costs, and management of accounts
- Able to face into difficult conversations & deal promptly with issues when they arise
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with sensitivity, when interacting with dentists, patients and team members.
- Advanced user of Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, Outlook. SOE - EXACT & Sage experience would be an advantage.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV and covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role, via clicking APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2022.