GP Federation Support Unit
Job Title: Lead General Practice Pharmacist
Location: East Belfast Federation Area
Duration: Permanent Post
Salary: £48,519 - £51,688 per annum.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
GP Federations are not-for-profit Community Interest Companies consisting of GP Practices in a defined area with the purpose of organising the delivery of primary care services in that area.
Applications are now invited for the post of Lead General Practice Pharmacist, East Belfast Federation Area .
The post holder will be the GP Federation strategic lead for the General Practice Pharmacist (GPP) service and will be responsible for the delivery of this service to promote safe, cost effective and evidence-based prescribing. The postholder will have responsibility for management and clinical supervision of General Practice Pharmacists within the Federation.
Whilst this postholder has overall responsibility for this service within the GP Federation, he/she will also work with individual GP practices and use his/her clinical pharmacy skills to improve safety, efficiency, effectiveness, and consistency of prescribing in primary care.
- Registration with the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland (PSNI) or eligible for membership
- Undergraduate degree in Pharmacy
- Holds a relevant postgraduate pharmacy qualification e.g., PG Cert, PG Diploma, MSc, PhD in subject area relevant to the role
- Registered as an Independent Prescriber
- Have a minimum of 5 years post- registration experience in pharmacy
- A minimum of 12 months experience of working in general practice
- A minimum of 12 months experience of management of staff to include performance management, task allocation, recruitment of staff, line management supervision
- Hold a full current driving licence and/or* have access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- *This relates to any individual who has declared that they have a disability which debars them from driving.
For full essential and desirable criteria and further information, please see the application pack, which may be downloaded below.
To download an application form, please CLICK APPLY NOW.
Interviews anticipated the weeks beginning Monday 6th and Monday 13th December 2021.
The closing date for submission of completed applications is Thursday 2nd December 2021 at 4.00 pm.
It will be necessary to carry out an Enhanced Disclosure Check through Access NI before any appointment to this post
GP Federations are Equal Opportunities Employers.
- East Belfast Lead GPP- Applicant Information Pack - November 2021.pdf
- EO Monitoring form- LGPP202139.docx