Title: Lowden Guitars: Machine Shop Operative
Location: George Lowden Guitars Ltd, 114 Saintfield Road, Saintfield BT24 7JS
Contract: Full time, permanent
Information for Candidates:
Due to company expansion there is an immediate positions available for a warehouse operative. Successful candidates will learn specific roles in the production of Sheeran by Lowden acoustic guitars.
This can include the use of woodworking tools and high accuracy machines in the areas of preparation, parts production, and/or assembly and finishing.
Other workshop duties will be added to roles and responsibilities as required, and full training will be provided on specialist machinery and with specialist hand tools. Hours of work 8.00am-4.30pm Monday and 8.00am to 4.00pm Tuesday to Friday.
Successful applicants will have the ability to continually focus to achieve a high attention to detail.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
· Preparation of material for part making.
· Use of woodworking machinery.
· Achieve daily targets for machined components.
· Delivery of finished components to a schedule.
The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder (s) will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
· Excellent time management skills
· Excellent punctuality and attendance
· Proven record of following instructions and meeting tight deadlines
· Positive and enthusiastic attitude to work and a good work ethic
· Previous experience in a similar role (factory/wood workshop)
· CNC experience
· Experience in fine woodworking and/or finishing wooden products
· Joinery/bench joinery experience
· Wood machinist experience
· Experience with woodworking hand tools
· Experience/understanding of guitar manufacturing/repair
· Willingness to take on more responsibilities
· Willingness to learn/participate in training opportunities
To apply please click on the link below
George Lowden Guitars Ltd confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a Fair Employment Monitoring Form.