Sales Assistant - Co Down (Bangor)
As a Sales Assistant within our Johnstone's Decorating Centre, you will provide a first class customer service selling and promoting PPG products. By understanding the customer needs, you will help to drive, develop and increase sales within the store and across the wider network. This is a key, customer facing role for which an outgoing, helpful and hardworking nature will be paramount in order to ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Providing a high level of customer service, identifying customer needs and assisting as required both face to face and over the telephone.
- Taking payments from customers, completing any sales documentation and authorisation procedures accurately.
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures relating to security of company monies and stock.
- Undertaking as required stock take duties to ensure accurate levels of product availability.
- Loading, unloading and checking all incoming and outgoing deliveries against the delivery documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Providing cover at other stores within the Zone as and when requested to meet business requirements.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to at all times in line with both statutory legislation and Company policy.
- Previous experience in a customer facing environment delivering on direct sales.
- Excellent Communication skills, with a positive customer focused mentality.
- Good understanding of MICROS and IT systems.
- A full valid driving licence held for a period exceeding one year.
- Flexibility in attitude towards both working hours and duties.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
For further information and to submit your application, click APPLY NOW