As a HGV Driver, you will transport goods from the Carrickfergus Warehouse to the customer premises in an efficient and professional manner, ensuring customer satisfaction whilst maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Ensure the accurate selection of orders from the warehouse and loading them safely onto the vehicle ensuring the goods remain in good condition whilst in transit to the point of delivery.
- Make collections from either suppliers or customers returning product, ensuring all paperwork and products are returned and paperwork is representative of the stock collected.
- Sequence and prioritise the run order to ensure maximum efficiency of vehicle linear space ensuring all delivery criteria is adhered to.
- Plan the vehicle load to ensure the constraints set by law on vehicle axle weights are followed.
- Carry out daily/weekly vehicle checks to ensure the vehicle is operating both safely and legally reporting all vehicle defects immediately.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety regulations at work to provide a safe working environment on and off site.
- Liaise with the Goods in Department for safe unloading of all returns/empty pallets.
- Pick customer orders on return to the Warehouse after a completed run or on none driving days.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests as advised by the warehouse management team.
- Previous experience working within a similar role with multi drop experience.
- Class 2 HGV licence having also completed Driver CPC.
- Digital Tacho Card.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work under your own initiative.
- Flexibility around working hours to include both early starts and weekend working.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Interested applicants please submit your CV, via clicking APPLY NOW