PR Client Manager
Reporting to: Client Director
Location: Pavilions Office Park, Holywood
Main Function of Role: Pro-active, effective, creative and accountable management of varied client account portfolio; support and development of PR team
- You Can Write: When you put pen to paper, you say something, and you say it well. Whether it’s a news release, photo caption, advertorial, or social media post, you can write for all media platforms and for all audience. Your copy is clever, compelling and on message.
- You Have Great Ideas: You know the power of ideas. You know they can solve a problem, make a story work… sing… land; make an audience notice and care. You are creative. You bring something new to the table.
- You Know Your Media: You can pitch a story, secure placement, scope an opportunity, or manage an issue. You know who the media are – and they know you. You have a keen interest in the news agenda and have your finger on the pulse of new and emerging stories 24/7.
- You See It Through: You get results for your clients and you don’t hang about. You take ownership of your work, and take pride in your successes. You confidently manage projects end to end and you know how creativity and commerciality work together.
- You’re Driven: You don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do – you take the bull by the horns. You’re adaptable, resilient and hugely ambitious. You don’t settle for ‘good enough’.
- You’re Strategic: You are a strategic thinker. You understand the value of research and data insights and how to use these strategically.
- You’re a Problem Solver: You’re solutions-focused – you overcome challenges to deliver incredible results. You can spot problems and come up with smart, creative solutions.
- You’re Client Ready: You know your clients’ business and what’s happening in their industry. You understand their objectives and how PR can deliver real results. You communicate effectively with clients, in person and on paper.
- You’re a Team Player: No really, you’re a great team player. You thrive in a busy team environment, whether managing and supporting junior members, or assisting and reporting to senior members. You contribute positively to the team’s well-being and its success.
- Graduate calibre combining industry-related / professional qualifications.
- Evidence of commitment to personal development.
- Membership of professional body.
- Third level degree in communications related discipline.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a communications role, agency or in-house.
- Experience in a management position, preferably within a PR Agency.
- Communications experience with CIPR Pride Awards recognition.
- Experience of writing for an external publication.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A nose for the news and the wider macro environment – and how this impacts clients.
- Digitally savvy.
- Understanding of what makes great PR and how to secure coverage across all media channels.
- Strong research skills.
- Good basic strategic awareness.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Team player – ability to upwards and downwards manage.
- Experience in contributing to new business opportunities.
- Good awareness of the political and business landscape in Northern Ireland.
- Good awareness of PR agency standards and metrics across strategy, campaign planning and evaluation.
- Target-focused and results driven.
- Deadline driven.
- Hold a current & valid full UK driving licence with full access to a vehicle
How to apply:
Interested applicants, please submit your CV via clicking APPLY NOW
Closing date: the closing date for CVs will be at Monday 27th September 2021 on 5.00pm. Late CVs will not be considered.
Shortlisting: only candidates who clearly demonstrate how they meet the essential criteria will be shortlisted. The panel reserves the right to apply all or part of the desirable criteria at the shortlisting stage.
Reserve list: a reserve list of candidates may be maintained for the purpose of any similar vacancies (temporary or permanent) that may arise within 12 months of this recruitment process.
Employment offer: any employment offer is subject to satisfactory completion of two employment references, proof of right to work in the UK and proof of any required qualifications.
LK Communications is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made on the basis of merit.