Butchery & Food Hall Team Leader (Retail)
Reporting to: Retail Manager
Responsible for: Retail Assistants
Location: Lisburn/ Dromara
Summary of the Role
Carnbrooke is a family-owned business who currently operate a modern 2500 sq. ft Butchery & Food Hall retail business in Lisburn with a small Butchery shop in Dromara. Due to continued expansion, we are now in the position to advertise for a talented and enthusiastic Team Leader.
You will be an essential part of the retail management team, sharing responsibility for several key areas and deputising for the Retail Manager in their absence. With a natural flair for teamwork, you will enjoy taking responsibility and are confident in thinking on your feet to resolve a variety of everyday challenges – all with a positive outlook while maintaining great customer and colleague relations.
Full-Time permanent position, available permanent contract of 30 up to 40 hours per week to suit the candidate.
- Delivery of excellent customer service and maintaining high standards within the Food Hall
- Development and driving forward certain categories
- Identifying opportunities to increase sales and reduce wastage
- Ensuring the store adheres to Health & Safety Standards and Covid-19 procedures
- Ensuring orders are accurate and submitted on time
- Preparing staff schedules
- Motivate the team to provide a professional, friendly and enthusiastic service at all times, leading by example on food safety, stock management and customer service.
- Ensure all new Retail Assistants are trained to company standards, using company training induction plan.
- Staff Supervision, including and ensuring full compliance to the Company`s employment policies
- Key holder responsibility, opening and closing food hall, ensuring all security checks are completed.
- Ensure food hall is always clean & tidy
- Being responsible for the food hall in the absence of the Retail Manager
- Undertake any other duties, as considered by Management to be within scope of role.
Your skills and experience will include
- At least 1 year’s previous experience of working in a busy retailing environment with experience of carrying out supervisory duties
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to supervise, lead and build a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Driving duties will be part of this role, applicants must possess a driving licence and be aged 25+ due to company vehicle insurance policy.
- Background of food retail/ butchery
Carnbrooke reserve the right to increase the shortlisting criteria to assist with the recruitment process.
To apply please forward your CV by clicking APPLY NOW