Chef (Ref: CHEFJUL21)
Accountable to: Catering Manager
Location: refresh 213 Newtownards Road, Belfast
Hours: 30 hours per week
Salary: £20,280 per annum
Hours of work: 30 hours per week
Leave: 23 days plus 12 statutory days (pro rata)
Pension: National Employee Savings Trust (NEST) Pension Scheme
Health Care: An employee health care plan is available after successful probation.
Probation: This post is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
Closing Date: 3 August 2021 at noon
Application: Please forward up to date CV and completed monitoring form to email@example.com
Reporting to the Catering Manager, you will be responsible for creating costed recipes and menus; the preparation of meals for the café and our meals on wheels service; the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen. Working alongside other re:fresh staff and volunteers in EBM’s refresh Café.
Preparation and Serving of Food
- Creating costed recipes and menus
- Cleanliness and Hygiene of the kitchen
- Preparation of food, including breakfasts, lunches, functions, and bakery goods.
- To ensure all food is stored correctly and temperatures recorded appropriately.
- To assist the Catering Manager in delivering out the meals on wheels service
- To maintain accurate records for Meals on Wheels & HACCP
- To assist in the provision of outside catering and promotions
- To ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of the delivery van and to report any defects to the Catering Manager.
- To assist and co-ordinate Meals on Wheels as required
- To be aware of Health and Safety risks associated with meal delivery and to comply with EBM risk assessments.
- To promote the Meals on Wheels Service as required
- To provide first class customer care to all internal and external customers.
- To comply with COSHH regulations and advise volunteers.
- Any reasonable duties, as requested.
Maintaining Clean Areas
- To ensure, kitchen equipment and utensils are clean and maintained properly.
- To report faults to the Catering Manager
- To report illness and accidents to supervisor
- To comply with Health and Safety, food hygiene and environmental regulations.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as advised by Catering Manager.
- To represent EBM positively and professionally.
- Ability to work independently and on your own initiative.
- To work within the ethos of EBM
- Minimum of 2 year’s catering experience in a public kitchen
- The ability to build relationships and work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure & in a fast-paced environment.
- Good organisational and commutation skills
- Ability to work flexible hours as requested.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent housekeeping skills and Clean as you go attitude.
- Demonstrable supervisory experience
- Food Hygiene qualification
- A qualification in catering at least NVQ Level 2
This position gives the post holder access to vulnerable adults and will therefore be required to disclose details of any criminal convictions, including spent, bind-over orders and cautions in accordance with the Access NI Vetting and Baring Scheme and our organisation’s Children Protection Policy and Procedure. An AccessNI check will be carried out, and in applying for this position, you are in agreement for the organisation to carry out this necessary check if successful.
For a Monitoring form and the East Belfast Mission Policy on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders, click DOWNLOAD APPLICATION PACK