The mission of AGE north down & ards is to improve the quality of life for the older people in the North Down and Ards area. AGEnda aims to keep older people in contact, to help to make life easier and to speak up for older people.
SUMMARY OF POST
The Volunteer Co-ordinator is a part-time position based in the Bangor office. The role is responsible for recruiting & supporting volunteers.
Key responsibilities include;
- Administer the recruitment, selection and induction of volunteers
- Liaise with other AGEnda Project Staff and linked agencies requesting volunteer support
- Administer volunteer rotas in line with the needs of AGEnda Service Provision and through collaboration with AGEnda Service Leads
- Provide supervisory support to volunteers and meet with them regularly both individually and collectively
- Co-ordinate and organise campaigns for development of AGEnda’s Volunteering Programme including recruitment of new volunteers and work with local organisations
- Produce information and publicity material to promote public awareness of AGEnda and need for volunteers
- Liaise with existing networks and forums to promote AGEnda’s Volunteering Programme and represent AGEnda at such meetings as required
- ‘AGE north down & ards is an equal opportunities employer and all staff are expected to adhere to the Equal Opportunities Policy throughout the course of their employment.
- Fixed Term for 9 months. Contract renewal dependent on funding.
HOURS: 16 hours per week
Salary: £20,020 p.a. pro-rata (£11ph @ 35hrs pw)
For a full Job Description, Person Specification and to download an Application Form, CLICK APPLY NOW.
Closing date is Sunday 8th August 2021.