TINY TOTS PRE-SCHOOL, TOOME
Job Title: Pre-School One-to-One Assistant (SEN)
(Term Time – September 2021 – June 2022)
Responsible To: Leader in Charge, Deputy & Management
Location: Pastoral Centre, Main Street, Toomebridge, BT41 3NJ
To work as part of the Pre-School team to provide a safe, high quality education and care for young children. To act as a keyworker to and assist with, educational support and care of the pupil with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and liaise with their Parents / Guardians. To complete the required paperwork and observations set out in the Education Authorities guidelines.
Monday – Friday 09:00am – 12noon - 15hours per week
(Term Time, September 2021 – June 2022)
Salary: £10.28 per hour
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Level 3 NVQ Childcare
- 1 years’ experience in a Classroom environment (Paid/Unpaid)
- Completion of/or Enrolled in Safeguarding Course (Child Protection)
- First Aid Qualification
- Food Hygiene (Desirable)
N.B Certificates of Qualification / Proof of Enrolment & Proof of Age must be presented at interview stage, failure to provide could lead to rejection of application.
Applications Close Thursday 24th June @ 12noon.
If the applicant is successful there will be a 1st Term Trial Period.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum by providing safe, creative and appropriate educational opportunities for all children within an inclusive environment, preparing activities, organising programmes and arranging equipment
- To act as a keyworker to a designated child, liaising closely with parents/carers to ensure individual needs are met, and to be responsible for observations and record keeping relating to the progress and development of key children
- To encourage parental involvement and support through the development of effective working relationships
- To ensure that activities are carried out in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with statutory responsibilities, and to advise the pre-school leader of any concerns over children, equipment etc.
- To follow all pre-school and whole-school policies, including those regarding safeguarding and confidentiality
- To ensure that the pre-school offers the highest standards of physical and emotional care, health and safety, and personal and food hygiene at all times
- Working creatively with children within the EY framework, as instructed by pre-school leader
- Daily interaction with your Key Child to provide range of stimulating activities to promote all areas of learning
- Working with range of people including school staff, visiting professionals and agencies, parents, children and families, and visitors and student placements
- Significant elements of inside and outside work, including leading outdoor learning.
- Understanding and being able to implement inclusive practices into the setting, to ensure all children have the opportunity to learn, interact and fulfil their potential
- Having a positive approach to continuous professional development
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring Setting policies and procedures are observed at all times.
To apply, please download the application form via CLICKING DOWNLOAD APPLICATION PACK