Permanent Band 5 Theatre & Outpatient Staff Nurses
At our day procedure facility on the Lisburn Road, close to Belfast City Centre, we at Fitzwilliam Clinic pride ourselves on our reputation for delivering our services to the highest possible standards. This is only possible with a fantastic team of experienced, capable and skilled medical staff, specialising in plastic surgery, to include reconstruction and skin cancer diagnoses and treatment. In order to maintain those standards we wish to interview for additional permanent staff nurses for either full time (37.5 hours per week) or part time (27.5 hours per week) employment which presents a great opportunity for an experienced, confident and personable nurse to join our theatre team.
The successful candidates will be flexible in their working patterns (no night shift requirements) and already possess the relevant experience. The ability to be responsible for the assessment of care needs along with having the ability to adopt the established programmes of care is essential. The post holders will be expected to carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision.
In return we offer a unique remuneration package which includes:
- Generous salary scale
- Enhanced pension
- Car parking
- Generous holidays
- Private healthcare
- Service rewards
- Opportunities for internal advancement
- Opportunities to gain new skills.
As members of the clinical team, the nurses will participate and contribute to:
- Patient care focused assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Professional decision making.
- Effective team working, maintaining staff relationships and morale.
- Delivery of consistently high standards of medical care and attention.
- Relevant clinical skills and functions commensurate with the role requirements.
- Carry out evidence based practice and agreed care pathways.
- Demonstrable understanding of the concepts of role modelling including person centred nursing, professional standards of practice and the supervision of untrained staff.
Ideal Candidates (Essential Criteria):
- Must be a registered, experienced nurse on Part 1 (Adult) of the NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council) Register.
- Theatre experience in either scrubbing, flooring, anaesthetics or post-operative recovery.
- Proven ability to communicate assertively, effectively and sensitively with patients and clients and across the various range of situations experienced in a patient focused, healthcare environment.
- Demonstrable ability to identify, challenge, report and remedy potential risk / clinical risk situations.
- Working knowledge of the NMC Scope of Professional Practice and Code of Conduct.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage workflows and responsibilities.
- Strong analytical ability including assessment of situations and making informed judgements.
Theatre experience of plastic surgery or out-patient clinics would be desirable but not essential.
The closing date for applications is 26th April 2021.
Application by submitting your CVs detailing all required experience please. Please send your CV VIA CLICKING APPLY NOW.
We expect a high response and would advise that if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date that you have not been selected for interview.
Fitzwilliam Clinic is an equal opportunities employer.