Manufacturing Engineer - Thermoplastics
CCP Gransden are pleased to be recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer for our facility in Ballygowan, County Down. This exciting role will primarily support the company’s activities in the manufacture of thermoplastic composites and overmoulding technology. A working knowledge of injection moulding and process optimisation is essential for this role. In addition, the ideal candidate will be a team player with excellent communication skills, and have a willingness to be hands on in the development and execution of new projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Plan and execute New Product Introduction projects, primarily in the fields of thermoplastic composites, and over injection moulding
- Develop manufacturing solutions for commercial programs, from DFM studies through to assisting operations in the setting up injection moulding processes.
- Compile manufacturing documentation including process control documents, tooling specifications, work instruction and introduction of quality controls.
- Liaise effectively and efficiently with colleagues from Design, Quality and Operations to ensure customers requirements are met and internal procedures adhered to
- Support the introduction of IATF:16949 within the organisation, in particular APQP and PPAPS
- Manage the interaction with the supply chain, including material suppliers and tool makers, to source suitable materials, and test and evaluate new technologies.
- Compile knowledge capture reports, risk registers, project progress reports and control project spend to budget.
- Support business development activities by planning and undertaking feasibility assessments, and liaising with the customer’s technical teams to implement CCP Gransden’s technology on future platforms
- Support sales efforts by generating and maintaining cost models and compiling quotations.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Engineering or Polymer Science
- Minimum 2 years industrial experience in a production environment
- Minimum 1 years experience of injection moulding and process optimisation
- Knowledge of thermoplastic composites and the overmoulding processes.
- Experience in Design for Manufacture of thermoplastic composites or injection moulded components including the use of mouldflow or similar simulation packages, as well as solidworks or catia.
- Working knowledge of tool design and/or specification for injection moulding style tooling
- Knowledge of Engel operating system (CC300) and configuration of injection moulding parameters, including the operation of hot runner systems
- A working knowledge of APQP and PPAPs and experience in working in the automotive sector
In additional to a negotiable salary, the successful candidate will receive a company laptop, mobile phone, progression towards sponsored chartership, and training on world leading equipment and technologies, all with excellent long term career opportunities in a small and rapidly expanding company.
To apply for the above position, please forward your CV VIA CLICKING APPLY NOW
Closing date for applications is Monday 26th April 2021