Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reports To: Chair and the Board
Base: Kilmorey Street, Newry, Down, BT34 2DE
Duration: Full-time, four year fixed-term contract
Salary: £64,489 - £89,158 per annum
InterTradeIreland was established in 1999 by the Governments of Northern Ireland and Ireland to boost North/South economic co-operation to the mutual benefit of both jurisdictions. The Body was established by law in both jurisdictions and currently has an annual budget of circa £12.5 million per annum. As Chief Executive Officer, you will lead the Body, providing vision and strategic direction to effectively promote and strengthen North South trade and business development on an all-island basis.
- Working closely with the Board, provide vision and leadership to InterTradeIreland to achieve its strategic ambition and objectives and fulfil its mandate to enhance cooperation on North South trade and business development.
- Lead the formulation of organisational strategy, manage the development, approval and delivery of appropriate Business Plans, and drive their implementation to achieve the organisation’s targets.
- Translate NSMC policy directions applicable to the Body into effective executive action.
- Develop and enhance the public profile of InterTradeIreland at local, regional and national level and effectively promote the organisation`s mission with key stakeholders, potential partners and the wider community using a wide range of media and technologies.
- Establish and develop strategic relationships and drive collaboration with key stakeholders including Ministers, Sponsoring Departments, Departments of Finance, the North South Ministerial Council, economic development agencies and trade and business representative organisations.
- Ensure effective management of the InterTradeIreland by fostering a culture of continuous improvement, championing innovative practices and implementing effective change management mechanisms.
- Establish effective mechanisms which encourage co-ordination, collaboration and co-operation across teams in InterTradeIreland and ensure a harmonious and holistic approach to service user needs and the optimum use of resources.
- Promote and enhance economic competitiveness and support economic recovery to address key strategic challenges including COVID 19 and EU Exit.
- Proactively promote the range of support and assistance available from InterTradeIreland, building on a network of companies and businesses willing to actively support the organisation in its work.
- Direct, discharge and control the execution of the functions of the Body as set out in the company’s Financial Memorandum and in line with corporate governance standards and risk management processes and ensure that the Body’s activities, internal policies and operations comply with the relevant legislation and guidance of both Northern Ireland and Ireland.
- To be the Accounting Officer for the Body with full budgetary management control for InterTradeIreland accountable for the deployment of resources, and to ensure that robust governance systems and controls are implemented.
- Ensure that InterTradeIreland fulfils all of its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities, including those relating to GDPR data protection, Health and Safety, and Equality duties.
The above is given as a broad range of duties and is not intended to be a complete description of all tasks. It may be adjusted from time to time by the Board of InterTradeIreland, in line with organisational need and changes in the business environment.
- A degree or equivalent third level professional qualification, in a business, management or finance related discipline
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience at a senior management level* in an organisation of similar complexity and financial scale as InterTradeIreland.
- A comprehensive understanding of SME’s and the issues affecting them in each jurisdiction (NI and RoI).
*senior management level is defined as a role which has substantial involvement in policy formulation and responsibility for the performance of an organisation or department including budgetary and people management responsibilities.
Full details including key duties and responsibilities, essential and desirable criteria, person specification and application form are available by clicking APPLY NOW
If you have any queries about this role please contact Gerry May at Forde May Consulting Ltd Phone: 028 9062 8877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref no 1790CEO.
Application forms and packs can be made available in a range of accessible formats on request. Candidates with a disability that require assistance will be facilitated upon request.
Completed application forms must be received no later than FRIDAY 12th MARCH AT 5.00PM
InterTradeIreland – The Trade and Business Development is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates irrespective of religious belief, gender, disability, race, political opinion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or whether or not they have dependants. As part of our affirmative action programme we particularly welcome applicants from the Protestant Community. All applications will be considered strictly on the basis of merit.