A Career with AJ Power Limited
Established in 2003, AJ Power Limited is a manufacturing company based in Craigavon with subsidiaries in Sweden and South Africa and a branch in Dubai. AJ Power specialises in the design and manufacture of diesel generating sets led by a management team with over 40 years’ experience in the industry. The group employs over 120 people worldwide and won the Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2016.
From its inception AJ Power has maintained a steady growth rate and its products are now in use in over 80 countries around the world. Our international presence is marked by an extensive network of distributors worldwide.
Welder / Fabricator
An opportunity has arisen for a Welder/Fabricator based in Craigavon. We offer a dynamic work place with a positive atmosphere.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Fabricate and weld a range of materials, from basic to complex, to the required tolerances and specification working from fabrication or engineering drawings;
- Utilise jigs, measuring equipment and dimensional control methods to ensure the dimensional accuracy of the finished item. Carry out weld/fabrication inspections, identify defects and take appropriate action to rectify them e.g. porosity, lack of fusion, cracks and inclusions etc.;
- Set up and operate all welding/fabrication equipment and machinery to manufacturer’s specification /approved weld/fabrication procedures and correct methods of work;
- Demonstrate due care and respect for company equipment ensuring tools and equipment are checked for defects, calibrated, cleaned and comply with the agreed preventative maintenance schedule;
- Ensure optimum use of materials within your control to minimise scrap/wastage;
- Consistently produce work to the required company quality standards and customer specifications (dimensional, visual, identification, associated paperwork where required);
- Participate in and attend cross functional training and departmental meetings as required;
- Read and understand work instruction sheets;
- Identify component parts;
- Ensure health and safety is adhered to at all times;
- Work in an appropriate manner under instruction of direct supervisor;
- Work as part of a team;
- Ensure all production procedures are followed;
- Use hand tools and power tools as required.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent;
- Ability to read fabrication/engineering drawings particularly welding symbols;
- Experience working in a quality driven environment;
- Ability to work under instruction from supervisor;
- Motivated to complete tasks on time and to high standard of workmanship;
- Read and understand engineering drawings and written instructions.
- At least 1 year of welding/fabricating experience;
- Ability to understand lean principles and methodology.
To apply for the above position please complete and send the attached application form.
Application forms are available via CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON.
For further information please contact AJ Power by:
Telephone: 028 3836 1000
or by post:
AJ Power Limited
1 Charlestown Drive
Carn Industrial Area
Closing Date: Wednesday 3rd February 2021 at 5.00pm
AJ Power Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer