Reporting to the Production Planner, you will work as part of the Production Planning Team and will be responsible for ensuring key materials are provided to meet the production schedule. As part of the role you will also be required to cover for Planners and Despatch when necessary. Main responsibilities will include:
- Ordering, receiving, quality inspecting and storing of labels
- Issuing & returning of the labels according to the production schedule
- Assist with KPI measuring that includes Label OTIF & scrap
- Managing the ordering of pallets to meet the production needs
- Managing ordering of inks, dyes and consumables to meet the production schedule
- Stock control of pallets, labels and inks
- Following up on supplier complaints
- Refreshing & planning loadsLiaising with Despatch/Sales/transport company during periods of cover for Dispatch Cell Leaders
- Updating schedules as required during periods of cover for PlannersAssist in making printing plates as and when require
The successful candidate should:
- Have a reasonable standard of education to include GCSE level or equivalent passes in Maths and English
- Have experience working within a high volume manufacturing environment
- Be computer literate
- Demonstrate & have experience of good stock management principles
- Be able to work independently with a high level of accuracyHave well developed inter-personal and communication skillsHave drive, energy and determination to achieve goals
- Awareness of good health and safety practices
Whilst not essential, it would be advantageous to your application to have a valid forklift truck licence and experience in using a Warehouse Mgt system, an ERP System (preferably Epicor) and MS Office.
Project work will form part of this role. Ideally the candidate will have knowledge & experience which can be applied in this role. Additional training will be provided where appropriate.
Working hours will include weekends.
Huhtamaki offer an attractive benefits package which includes; defined contribution pension scheme, bonus scheme, company sick pay, work wear, service awards, canteen and employee benefits scheme.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Huhtamaki (Lurgan) Limited is committed to managing all its activities so as to continually improve the environmental performance of the company