Eastern GP Federation Support Unit
General Practice Pharmacist
Location: North Down Federation
Salary: £37,890-£40,894 pro rata
Hours of work: (0.5wte) 18.75 hours per week
GP Federations are not-for-profit Community Interest Companies consisting of GP practices in a defined area with the purpose of organising the delivery of primary care services in that area. GP Federations are looking for highly motivated Temporary General Practice Pharmacists to work as an integral part of GP practice teams to deliver direct patient care and optimise the safety and quality of medicines management.
This is a permanent team role where the post holder will have and will develop clinical pharmacy skills that will improve safety, efficiency, effectiveness and consistency of prescribing in primary care. All activity will be agreed according to the Federation prescribing action plan and as part of the planning process with the relevant GP practice.
- Registration with the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland (PSNI) or eligible for membership.
- Undergraduate degree in Pharmacy
- Registered as an Independent Prescriber or be willing to undertake an Independent Prescribing qualification
- Have a minimum of 3 years post – registration experience in pharmacy.
- Hold a full current driving licence and/or* have access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to meet the requirements of the post in full.
*This relates to any individual who has declared that they have a disability which debars them from driving.
For full job details and essential and desirable criteria, please see the application pack, by clicking DOWNLOAD APPLICATION PACK
The closing date for submission of completed applications is 12:00 noon, Monday 30th November 2020.
Your completed application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.