GP Federation Support Unit
General Practice Nurse-GPN Training Programme
Location: Posts available in areas
Salary: Initially £24,907 - £30,615 (Band 5 equivalent), rising to £31,365 - £37,890 (Band 6 equivalent) on successful completion of the GPN training programme.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
GP Federations have developed a number of exciting vacancies for registered nurses to train and be employed as General Practice Nurses (GPNs). These are permanent posts which require the applicant to complete a 1-year training programme. On successful completion of training, GPNs will continue to work in GP Practices within the employing Federation’s geographical area.
Registered Nurses wishing to become GPNs will be recruited and appointed to the employing Federation at the equivalent of Band 5 level. They will undertake a Postgraduate/Advanced Certificate in General Practice Nursing delivered by Ulster University and, in keeping with the General Practice Nurse Framework (NI), will also be supported to undertake the HSC Clinical Education Centre (CEC) General Practice Nurse Development Programme. Successful completion of the training programme will result in an ongoing permanent position with the Federation at the equivalent of Band 6.
Vacancies are currently available within the following GP Federation areas:
- Antrim & Ballymena
- Armagh & Dungannon
- South West
- West Belfast
- Registered Nurse Adult: First level, on the NMC register.
- 1 years’ post registration experience.
- Applicants must demonstrate full understanding of the current NMC Code and Scope of Professional Practice;
- Applicants must demonstrate sound clinical knowledge of current nursing practice;
- Applicants must demonstrate commitment to the education and training components of this role.
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to communicate assertively, effectively and sensitively with patients and clients and across a range of workplace situations;
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to take responsibility for their own learning;
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to effectively organise and plan their work;
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work effectively as part of the multi – disciplinary team;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate IT literacy for example 'the ability to use computers effectively, including use of Microsoft office and/or other relevant systems’-please provide an example of this.
- Full current driving licence (valid in the UK) and have access to a car at the closing date or have access to a form of transport which will permit the Applicant to carry out the duties of the training post in full. This relates only to any person who has declared that they have a disability that debars them from driving.
For full essential and desirable criteria and further information, please see the application pack, which may be downloaded below.
Anticipated dates for interviews - Monday 12th – Friday 16th October 2020.
As part of the recruitment an Open Evening has been arranged for 24 September 2020 at 7pm via Zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending and a link will be issued directly.
The closing date for submission of completed applications is 12:00 noon, Friday 2nd October 2020.
It will be necessary to carry out an Enhanced Disclosure Check through Access NI before any appointment to this post
GP Federations are Equal Opportunities employers.