Eastern GP Federation Support Unit
Operations Manager- North Down & Ards Federations
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week with attendance at some evening meetings and events outside normal working hours.
SALARY: £31,365 – £37,890
BASED: Forestview, Purdy’s Lane, Belfast
The Operations Manager will be based within the Eastern GP Federation Support Unit (FSU), providing managerial support to both the North Down and Ards GP Federations.
Reporting to the FSU Head of Operations, the postholder will take responsibility for the operational management of the 2 Federation areas. This will involve liaising closely with Federation Chairs and Board members, facilitating Federation meetings, providing effective business support to turn clinical plans into business cases and managing the implementation of new services.
The postholder will take a lead role in financial and budget management for their Federation areas, reporting directly to Federation Chairs and FSU Head of Operations and the FSU Senior Business Manager on a regular basis. They will act as the main point of contact for all business matters between their Federations and other agencies such as FSU, HSCB, BSO and Trusts.
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification AND at least two years recent experience in the development and management of services or contracts in a complex multi-stakeholder environment OR At least five years recent experience in the development and management of services or contracts in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Proven experience of monitoring budgets and spend and taking responsibility for effective financial reporting.
- Experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the current agenda in health and social care particularly in relation to Primary Care.
- The successful candidate must hold a full current driving license (valid in the UK) and have access to a car at the closing date or have ** access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to carry out the duties of the post in full.
(** this relates only to any person who has declared that they have a disability, which debars them from driving).
For full job details and criteria please see the Applicant Information document which may be downloaded CLICKING DOWNLOAD APPLICATION PACK
The closing date for submission of completed applications is 12 noon, Wednesday 15th July 2020.
Your completed application should be emailed to email@example.com
The GP Federation Support Unit is an equal opportunities employer.