Envision is seeking to appoint a committed and tenacious individual to join the team in Belfast.
The research team works closely with the Senior Consultancy team on a range of projects including:
- Dedicated / specialist research assignment that involve a combination of: desk research, primary market research, customer surveys, consultation projects, sectoral studies, and major market research assignments;
- Sales prospect identification (including the compilation of qualified sales-focused databases);
- Identification of key decision makers / buyers / influencers within target / prospect companies in order to support the sales and business development functions of client companies;
- Itinerary planning and customer approach work – for client companies targeting new customers and developing into new market sectors.
- Export market research as part of export strategy assignments being undertaken by lead consultants.
- Research into Public sector / Public procurement opportunities and pipelines - as part of tender sales strategy assignments being led by members of the lead consultancy team.
- The attraction of companies on to the suite of Envision Business & Capability Development Programmes – focused on Export Capability Development, and the development of capability in Tendering for Public sector and Private sector contracts.
The position will involve:
- The planning and execution of market research projects - based on a clear brief from lead consultants - and the interpretation of findings that will be communicated through the development of PowerPoint presentations and in report format – via MS Excel spreadsheets or MS Word documents.
- Export market research as part of export strategy assignments being undertaken by lead consultants:
o International market screening & selection
o Assessing market opportunity
oMapping sales channels & route to market
o Identifying target customers, and / or potential distributor partners.
This work is often undertaken in conjunction with Envision partner companies and consultants in overseas markets.
- Itinerary planning and distributor - partner approach work – for client companies targeting international markets.
- Research into Public sector / Public procurement opportunities and pipelines - as part of tender sales strategy assignments being led by members of the lead consultancy team. These are carried out for client companies whose business included a significant element of business in the public sector (health, IT, construction, etc) and large private sector (tendered) supply chains – like renewable energy, oil & gas, etc.
The work includes the identification of tender portals across the world and identification of relevant opportunities for clients;
- The attraction of companies on to the suite of Envision Business & Capability Development Programmes – focused on Export Capability Development, and the development of capability in Tendering for Public sector and Private sector contracts. This involves a combination of:
o Promotion of the programmes to target companies / clients – through a range of media, digital media.
o Attendance at selected events to promote Envision business development programmes.
o Direct targeting of companies for attraction / recruitment – through a combination of targeted email and follow up telephone phone calls. Telephone follow up to encourage companies to participate in these programme is an important part of the role.
- The recruitment of companies into the programmes – involving
o Briefing them on programme content, process, and outputs.
o Supporting them with the application process
o Confirming eligibility – relative to any criteria
o Working with the Envision team on final selection of companies for programme participation.
- Input to Programme Administration and document management: Ensuring all paperwork for programmes is correct, up to date, and filed accordingly. This documentation relates to both the company application process, and to programme participation.
- Attending meetings with client companies (accompanied by the Envision team) to discuss projects.
Support to the team in ensuring the smooth operation of the Envision office.
Due to the nature of this position, and the opportunity to work closely with the senior team, the person appointed will be:
- In possession of excellent communication skills – verbal and written. The confidence and ability to prepare for and deliver professional telephone, email and personal communication with various contacts including clients, prospective customers, industry contacts and other business organisations will be important.
- Have a degree, preferably in a business related subject.
- A confident and professional individual who can demonstrate initiative and tenacity in sourcing market information and completing projects. Information is not always readily available in a form that will assist companies to make informed marketing and business development decisions. Hence Envision’s research team must have knowledge of sources, combined with the tenacity to exhaust those sources, to generate the information needed to support client companies in their decision making / planning processes.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office Professional (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.) and in all areas of social media.
- A team player who can interact with Envision staff and our clients. Effective teamwork is essential to the quality delivery of consultancy services to client companies and agencies. In addition, you should be capable of handling of a range of projects simultaneously
- An ambitious person who wishes to develop their skills. The Research Consultant will have the opportunity (in time, and based on performance) to develop more prominently into becoming involved in:
- the interpretation of market research findings.
- presentation of these findings (and interpretation) to client companies.
- assessment of the implications of research findings for company plans / strategy.
This progression will be based on clear demonstration of exhaustive knowledge of information sources, tenacity in the use of these sources, and commercial judgement in relation to the interpretation of market information and its implications for company plans.
- A current, clean driving licence and access to a car is essential.
Interested applicants please submit your CV CLICKING APPLY NOW