Head of Finance - Group Financial Accountant/Controller
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
As head of finance and administration the post holder will have hands on responsibility for the whole finance, payroll and administration functions with a small part time team reporting in. The company is a new entity with new systems and procedures to develop.
The Newtownabbey based Company is in the business to business manufacturing sector, currently has fifty employees and a turnover of 7M and looking to grow.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the companies and the group, comparing actual outcomes with budget.
- Compile the year-end financial accounts for group of companies
- Preparation of annual budgets for the companies and the group.
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Ensure appropriate internal control systems are in place within the company to protect the company’s assets and to prevent fraud or errors.
- Efficiently manage the company’s working capital, manage the cash flow and prepare updated cash flow forecasts as required.
- Liaison with external reporting (lenders) ensuring full cooperation to meet their requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring company compliance with both HMRC & Irish Revenue tax regulations, VAT, PAYE and Corporation Tax.
- Fully integrated member of management team, proactively assist in decision making and reviewing operations.
- Look to develop financial systems so that financial accounting information is accurate for interpretation and decision making
What we are looking for:
- A Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a minimum of 2/3 years post qualification experience within industry
- Experience working with Sage accounting software
- Desire to work within a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, together with a proactive and positive approach.
- Ability to support non-financial managers with appropriate financial information, KPI’s etc.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility for own work with an eagerness to take on further responsibility.
- Capable of anticipating and resolving problems, together with identifying solutions alongside other key management as and when required.
Interested applicants, please submit your CV CLICKING APPLY NOW