EXPERIENCED CONVEYANCING SECRETARY REQUIRED FOR BELFAST OFFICE
PERMANENT – FULL-TIME
The ideal candidate must have a good telephone manner and typing skills along with previous experience working within a conveyancing department.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The prime role of the legal secretary is to provide direct support to his/her Principal to enable the Principal to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The legal secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative at all times acting without undue delay and in a courteous, helpful and professional manner.
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
1. Excellent word-processing and audio-typing skills
2. Experience and understanding of the Conveyancing process as a Conveyancing Secretary within a busy and professional practice
3. Knowledge of Landweb and Stamp Duty Land Tax returns preferable
4. An effective confident communicator, both orally and in writing
5. Personally efficient and well organised, with good control of diary systems and competent in IT.
1. To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing
2. To administer filing, which will include daily file opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual
3. To prepare mail and enclosures for despatch
4. To arrange for all copying to be done, in person, if the Office Junior is not available to undertake the task
5. To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her Principal
6. To provide refreshments when asked to do so
7. To provide support to other secretaries as required
8. To provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so
9. To attend clients, both in person and by telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care
10. To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have responsibility towards self-development
11. To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation and information in accordance with GDPR requirements
A knowledge of conveyancing procedure in all manner of property transactions and an ability to update clients as and when required upon review of file.
Interested applicants please submit your CV, CLICKING APPLY NOW
Alternatively in writing to:
Bernard Campbell & Co.
94 Ann Street