QA Engineering Lead
Reference Number: ANI-0019
Contract Type: Full-Time Permanent
Closing Date: 25/12/2019
While Aflac are a Fortune 500 U.S. company and one of the largest brands in the US and Japan, there is a very good chance you’ve not heard of us (yet). Here’s the deal: We help people cover medical expenses beyond their standard health insurance, and when they come to us they really need us. So, in Belfast, we are building great technology to support our customers in their greatest time of need.
We are looking to create a centre of excellence in Northern Ireland that will be globally recognised for its adaptability and reinvention. If you want to learn new development languages, create new products, and infuse innovation into our cyber security platform – we should talk.
We are building a number of high-performing engineering teams, who will be adopting a quality-first approach to building solutions that will directly improve our customer experience. Rigorous testing will be at the heart of everything we build at Aflac Northern Ireland, and our Agile teams will take responsibility for delivering high-quality products, utilising a robust Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery process, and leveraging tools to automate test, build and deployment activities.
The intention is for our teams to continually adapt and reinvent their skills and capabilities over time as technologies change and evolve. We will provide the right challenges and opportunities to enable your success, however we need you to bring your enthusiasm, the ability to learn quickly, and to take minimum-viable-product technology and produce industrialised solutions for the enterprise. Once our teams have successfully delivered robust and scalable solutions for Aflac, there will be a new technology waiting to be explored and built to scale within our organisation. We’ll be keeping things pretty fresh.
We are looking for a QA Engineering Lead who is passionate about ensuring high quality outcomes for the customer and can put the end-user at the centre of their thinking. Experience with QA and Testing in an Agile context is essential. You will be responsible for implementing strong QA methodologies across a number of teams, and leading a test-centric philosophy where engineers take ownership for delivering quality products and artefacts. Knowledge of testing with a range of technologies is highly desirable, and you will need to have proven experience of successfully working in software teams, executing an effective testing regime, and have an ambition to increase test automation and improve quality in the product delivery process.
- Leading the QA strategy across a number of engineering teams, to ensure consistent development of high-quality artefacts
- Become an integral part of the testing lifecycle - developing test plans and robust test cases, ensuring effective test coverage, working with engineers to resolve defects and supporting regression testing
- Participating in system integration testing with colleagues from multiple global teams
- Improving the level of test automation as part of the overall automation strategy
- Supporting the continuous integration and delivery strategy
- Developing expertise in product development and identifying opportunities to improve the user experience
- Attending and inputting into daily stand-ups to stay in sync with other team members
- Continually improving engineering and testing processes
Skills and experience
Below is an overview of the skills and experience we are looking for, but remember, don’t rule yourself out if you don’t have everything on the list – it’s your intellect and your attitude we are really after.
- 10+ years as QA/Testing Engineer in any technology/language, with commercial experience in a lead role
- Extensive experience writing test plans and robust test cases
- Commercial experience of QA processes and the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with test automation, and increasing automation implementation to enhance quality
- Customer-focused: demonstrating a clear understanding of customer needs and priorities in relation to product functionality and high-quality outcomes
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience mentoring or coaching QA Engineers and/or Developers at a range of levels in order to improve product quality
- Experience with different types of Agile project delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Computer Science, Engineering, or STEM subject. Comparable commercial experience may also be considered
- Experience with Pega Rules Process Commander
- Knowledge/experience of Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps as part of Agile software development
- Experience of delivering Agile solutions for customers/clients located in different time zones
For more information and to apply, CLICK APPLY NOW.
So that’s us. Thanks for taking the time to read this far (pretty impressive in the era of the 280-character tweet). We look forward to hearing from you if you fancy joining a new tech innovation company with the agility of a start-up and the stability of a Fortune 500 U.S. company.