£50,000 per annum
Our client is the UK’s number one supplier of biomass fuels. They have long term agreements in place to supply two million tonnes per year and have invested in best in class infrastructure. This includes six operational waste processing sites strategically located across the UK, 150 floor trailers and cutting-edge IT systems to support their customer delivery.
They are looking to invest further into their team by recruiting a General Manager who will take over the daily management of certain key fuel supply agreements and will be wholly responsible for managing the end to end supply chain arrangements with both current biomass materials and different energy sources in the future. They are the exclusive supplier of biomass fuels into two power plants in Londonderry, Northern Ireland and Carmarthen, Wales.
The scope of the business in these two areas is very impressive and they are contracted to provide 120,000 tonnes a year for the next 23 years to Londonderry and 275,000 tonnes a year for Carmarthen for a period of 15 years. There are 6 suppliers to manage for these contracts, based over 17 production sites. In the future there is a drive to offer a broader range of biomass products and investment further in both operating sites and processing machinery.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong relationship manager with the ability to manage pipelines and service level agreements through clear planning and forecasting. This person will need to possess a strong resilience to objection and the daily challenges this role faces.
Reporting directly into the National Contract Manager (South), the primary focus of the General Manager is to deliver the monthly fuel order on time, the right quality and the correct quantity in a safe and complaint manner. They will be responsible for managing the end to end supply chain of their wood fuel offering, monitoring performance against supply agreements and ensuring that service level agreements with customers are met. The General Manager will deliver the contract in partnership with the client and will negotiate challenges and penalties that could arise from not meeting SLA’s, with a focus on developing and managing suppliers should there be a shortfall or failure in supply.
- Understand client requirements and manage the relationships to ensure commercial delivery through management of KPI’s and data.
- Work in partnership with the client to manage the contract and act on behalf of the client on a daily basis to ensure the full delivery of the contract.
- Manage the supply chain to guarantee the supply of materials is in line with contractual agreements.
- Deliver commercial profitability whilst keeping the customer satisfied. Keeping to contracted requirements and obligations making the customer aware of any shortfalls or problems.
- Monitor supply chain and performance against contractual obligations, being aware of and mitigating potential penalties from the client in any case of shortfall.
- Offer solutions to the customer and suppliers by being a shrewd negotiator.
- Manage the chain of events; identifying where issues could arise and ensure a plan is in place to overcome any failings or shortfalls
- Ensures all contracts and communications are logged and evidenced in one central place, to allow for future revaluation and challenge
- Attend review meetings with the customers to review performance through KPIs and build and deliver initiatives
- Accurately forecast and plan the fuel supply to be able to identify potential shortfalls and develop a strategy to manage and overcome such situations.
- Deliver on budget, driving revenue and profit through sound relationships
- Open opportunities with new suppliers, engaging the Supply Chain and Procurement Directors and their teams to support the procurement and contracts process
- Take a proactive approach to client relationships by developing a true understanding of their needs alongside contractual requests
- Being commercially aware, observe the market and be perceptive to where new business opportunities lie, exploiting them accordingly.
- Work with the Fuel Quality team to monitor the quality of fuel to ensure this is in line with the biomass fuel standards
- Work with the transport team to ensure an efficient supply of wood into the plants
- Work with the HSE team to ensure compliance with the company’s high standards
- Modify current relationships into a proactive approach through collaborative, results driven quarterly account reviews
- Organising training and monitoring of all haulage operatives
- Willing to travel between Londonderry, Carmarthen and Widnes regularly
- Communicate and collaborate to share ideas and developments
- Work with the Commercial Sales and Business Development teams on new waste streams and power generation options
- Knowledge of supply chain is essential with experience of the waste industry and recovery is an advantage
- A background in operations with an understanding of how plant equipment works
- An accomplished negotiator and mediator who can diffuse and overcome grievances and objections
- Commercially aware with the ability to critique decisions and their future impact on the business
- Able to read data and interpret in numerical form and on site
- An ability to handle pressure and be able to maintain a professional approach always especially should conflict arise.
- Have confidence in decision making and show resilience when challenged if appropriate
- Resilient and agile, with the ability to adapt to changing situations, for example: price fluctuation, seasonal trends and market demands with the innovation to overcome obstacles in such times
- Has an understanding the waste industry, the quality of materials and how they flow day to day
Interested applicants please submit your CV and covering letter, CLICKING APPLY NOW