Westland is leading the way in horticulture, and is proud to be one of the largest horticultural companies in the UK and Europe. A market leader in our categories, we supply a wide range of gardening, pet care and environmental products to the retail market.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a full time, Permanent Maintenance Engineer to join our head office team, based in Granville Industrial Estate Dungannon. The role will involve the installation, maintenance, improvement and repair of all plant and equipment ensuring production efficiency can be met within a safe well-presented facility. Respond to technical issues affecting production and maintain electrical and mechanical services through Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM).
- Attend breakdowns, identify faults and problem solve, with minimal downtime to production.
- Carry out diagnosis of faults, the maintenance and repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner and return equipment to operational service.
- Estimate length of time required to complete a job and likely consequences of failure to complete work within required timescales.
- Report breakdown causes, equipment faults and concerns to management.
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules as necessary.
- Identify and report to Management any activity that has the potential to cause harm or damage i.e. Faulty equipment/emergency stops etc.
- Plan and prioritise workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
- Complete Daily Maintenance job sheets and Preventative Maintenance records.
- A minimum of two years’ post apprenticeship experience;
- Ability to diagnose electrical/ Mechanical problems and relevant experience in a high volume production environment;
- Excellent problem solving, team working and interpersonal skills;
- Strong literacy, numeracy, communication and IT skills;
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
- 17th Edition;
- Knowledge of PLCs/Control panel diagnostics and schematic drawings.
If you are interested in the above role please forward your updated CV CLICKING APPLY NOW, outlining how you meet the above criteria.
The hours of work are Monday – Friday 9.00am-5.30pm
The Closing date for applications is Monday 30th September 2019
Westland Horticulture is an Equal Opportunities Employer