McElmeel Mobility Services are a Market Leader in the adaptation, conversion and supply of vehicles for disabled drivers and passengers. Based three miles outside the City of Armagh, we supply converted and adapted vehicles across Ireland and the UK. Established in 1950 and the oldest converter in our industry, McElmeel Mobility is a third generation Family run business, built upon our core values of innovation and excellent customer service.
Due to the continued growth we are experiencing as a result of our commitment to innovating quality products for disabled drivers and passengers, McElmeel Mobility have created a new opening for a Production Manager.
We have invested to expand our production capacity, including building a new production and R & D facility and are seeking the right person to take a key role in our team. The Production Manager will oversee the day to day running of our various production elements to ensure we continue to achieve our goal of providing the best value Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles in the market.
From liaising with the product development team and part fabrication to managing WAV production, Quality Control and Aftersales, this is an exciting new role which is integral to the continued growth of McElmeel Mobility.
- Working as part of the senior management team you will be required to develop and enhance strong production processes to allow us to achieve and exceed present expectations.
- You will lead the transformation of internal systems to lean production management.
- You will develop and implement a strategy to optimise production scheduling and build management by providing a clear and focused approach to increasing productivity, supporting product development, improving staff training and removing inefficiencies.
- You will liaise with other departments to promote excellent interdepartmental communication.
- You will work to ensure we maintain the high standards set in line with VCA, ISO and supplier quality management systems.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will become an ambassador for McElmeel Mobility Services, committed to delivering excellence to disabled drivers and passengers. You will have previous experience in a production management role and have experience working within a manufacturing environment, preferably in a transferable area to vehicle adaptations and conversions. You must be proactive, self motivated and a good administrator. You need to have strong leadership skills complimented with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deliver results. You will be flexible but driven in your commitment to improving the complete production process.
- 7+ years in a mechanical or engineering related role.
- 2+ years in a production manager role.
- Experience in working in a busy and complex working environment.
- Sound IT skills.
- Educated to College level or equivalent.
Salary will be competitive depending on experience.
Closing date for applications is 8th July 2019.
Please contact McElmeel Mobility Services Ltd for an application form on 02837525333 or email your CV by CLICKING APPLY NOW.
McElmeel Mobility Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community