QS & Estimator
SALARY: £30,000 - 40,000 per annum
LOCATION: Based in Magherafelt Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Do you want to work for a rapidly growing company thanks to our reputation for quality workmanship and repeat business? MCL Construction Group has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor/Estimator.
You will estimate costs of DRYLINING AND CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
MCL have spent many years successfully carrying out interior and exterior fit outs in the UK and Ireland. More recently we have expanded our portfolio to new builds and construction projects.
This permanent position is ideal if you wish to advance your career with a small to medium enterprise. This also offers an excellent opportunity and the freedom to develop and enhance your skills, whilst being part of a professional and progressive team. MCL Construction Group care about their people and are excited to welcome another professional to our small team.
You should have approximately four years’ experience in Quantity Surveying/Estimating or related construction and drylining discipline in the industry.
Day to day duties include but not limited to:
- Price and prepare estimates for projects effectively and competitively
- Understand the scope of works in order to successfully submit a bid
- Understand architectural plans to develop accurate estimates
- Seek to minimise the cost of a project and enhance value for money without compromising quality, safety or building regulations
- Monitor the delivery and fit out of minor works projects, ensuring compliance with contractual requirements
- Manage the interim claim process, overall project cashflow and change variation process for the client and sub-contractors.
- Negotiate, award and agree terms and conditions with sub-contractors, ensuring maximum commercial performance of the project
- Manager all sub-contractors’ payments in accordance with agreed terms in written contracts
- Monitor and evaluate the schedule of works and ensure projects are completed within agreed time scale
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects.
- Production and management of procurement schedules
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIEMENTS
- Previous experience of securing significant projects in the past
- Previous experience of construction contracts, in particular NEC3/NEC4 and JCT contracts
- Wiliness to travel to UK and Ireland one day per week when required
- Have strong numerical and financial management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, experience of CAD desirable
- Previous experience of working for a fit-out company desirable
- Have a knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation
- Full clean driving license
- Ability to use own initiative
8-5 Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary
- Employer pension contribution
- Bonus percentage per successful project
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
Interested applicants please submit your CV VIA CLICKING APPLY NOW