PARKS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
SECTOR- PUBLIC SECTOR
LOCATION - ANTRIM (APPLICANTS MUST HAVE ACCESS TO THEIR OWN TRANSPORT AS THEY WILL BE REQUIRED TO VISIT VARIOUS SITES THROUGHOUT THE COUNCIL)
HOURS OF WORK- 9-5 MONDAY- FRIDAY
SALARY - £18.03 PER HOUR
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To be responsible for developing, reviewing and promoting the service and report to the Parks Manager in development and implementation of Departmental and Service Business plans.
To assist in formation of strategies, policies, business plans and reports to support the development of the Parks Service.
To work with the Parks Manager in planning, developing and managing quality standards and awards for relevant parks, open spaces and cemeteries.
To provide reports to Committee to include business cases and economic appraisals.
· Hold a relevant degree e.g. Horticulture, Business, Environmental Management
Consideration may be given to applicants who do not hold a degree qualification but who can demonstrate a minimum of 4 years relevant experience as detailed below.
· Have a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in a Parks Development role
· Ability to manage staff
· Ability to establish effective working relationships
· Excellent administrative and organisational skills
· Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Strong project management skills
· Knowledge and understanding of the development and implementation of an Environmental Management System
· Knowledge of relevant legislation and issues associated with the service
· Full current driving licence or, if a disability prevents driving, access to a suitable form of transport to enable the duties of the post to be carried out in full
· Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and Windows Applications
TO APPLY SEND YOUR CV THROUGH THE LINK OR CALL CAROLINE ON 02890 (720105) FOR MORE DETAILS