Management Accountant (2373)
Readvertisement with upgraded salary
Salary: £43,757 Salary (full time)
Type of contract: Permanent
Contracted hours: 35
Location: Belfast, Ireland
Closing date: 26 April
Planned Interview Date: 3 May 2019
Christian Aid Ireland believes that everyone, regardless of faith or race, is entitled to live a full life, free from poverty. We believe the world can and must be changed so that there is equality, dignity and freedom for all. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing team and to make this change happen.
About the role
This post is based in Belfast and reports to the Head of Finance & Governance- Ireland. The Finance Team in Ireland comprises 8 staff: Head of Finance and Governance, 3 x Accountants, 2 x Accounting Technicians and 2 x Administrators. The post holder will be required to travel regularly to Dublin to liaise with the finance staff based in Dublin (currently one administrator and one accounting technician). It will also be necessary to travel to London a few times each year (as financial systems are controlled by the London Finance Team) and to go on occasional overseas visits.
- Member of a CCAB recognised professional accounting body with some post qualification experience.
- Experience of using complex computerised accounting systems
- Experience of working with non-finance managers on complex financial issues
- Experience of producing or assisting in the production of Annual Budgets
- Experience of producing or assisting in the preparation Management Accounts and variance analysis
- Experience of reviewing financial information for consistency and accuracy and in reviewing reconciliations of bank and general ledger accounts
- Staff Management Experience
- Significant experience of using Excel
- Experience in preparing or assisting in the preparation on year-end accounts and production of audit file
- Ability to work under pressure and manage and priorities workload and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Experience of legislative/accounting requirements for Charities in UK and Ireland
- Experience of payroll processing
- Experience of using computerised databases and electronic funds transfer systems
- Experience of accounting in multi-currency environment
- Experience of SUN accounting Systems
- Experience of PROACTIS
- Experience of Adaptive Budgeting system
- Experience of working in a consolidated group structure
- Experience of foreign exchange/treasury management
- Experience of payroll review
- Experience and knowledge of income tax and VAT including practical application of same
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Strive for improvement – Please tell us about a time when you had to implement a new idea to improve organisational effectiveness.
- Build Partnerships – tell us an example of when you had to build relationships with different individuals or other organisations to further your organisations goals.
- Staff Management – Please outline any experience you have in staff management
- Strive for Personal Improvement - How do you go about continuing to develop your professional skills and knowledge? What Training courses have you undertaken recently?
For more information and to apply, CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON.