You will identify, organise and deliver the safe and efficient maintenance of track assets within the section to ensure the safety of public, passengers and staff. You will also be responsible for the safe and reliable operation of track assets in accordance with NIR standards to ensure safety, durability and cost effectiveness.
- Minimum of a degree (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant engineering or construction discipline with at least 3 years relevant experience in a practical engineering environment working with plant, labour and materials to undertake engineering and/or construction works, or alternatively, possess a minimum of an HND (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant engineering or construction discipline with at least 5 years relevant experience in a practical engineering environment working with plant, labour and materials to undertake engineering and/or construction works.
- Experience of managing in-house staff and external people to produce high quality works safely and efficiently
- Experience of applying health, safety and environmental legislation requirements
- Experience of interpreting and working to engineering standards.
- Experience in asset condition inspection, workload prioritisation and technical specification
- Experience of organising and managing resources including contract management to deliver works efficiently to agreed targets of cost and time
- Experience of using MS Word and Excel
- Full current driving licence and access to a vehicle to fulfil the requirements of the post
- Willing and able to work a minimum of 1 week out of 6 of normal working hours at weekends or at night depending on business requirements
- Willing to be on call to co-ordinate out of hours work
- NEBOSH qualification or equivalent
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 29th March 2019