Our client, a leading public sector organisation based in Belfast has a current requirement for an experienced Personal Assistant/Admin Support Officer to join the team.
This role is available immediatley and on a temporary ongoing basis.
Rate of pay is £10.05 per hr, 36hrs per week.
Duties will include:
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Assistant Director’s Office
- To provide confidential personal assistant support for the Assistant Director, including correspondence and diary management and telephone call handling.
- Management of the Assistant Director’s office to ensure the provision and maintenance of a consistent high quality service.
- To plan, schedule and co-ordinate the administrative and information systems/activities associated with the work of the Assistant Director’s office.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Director to forward requests for responses/action to senior officers, including the setting of agreed deadlines for return. Collation / monitoring of all requests.
- To read and monitor work and typed materials for the Assistant Director’s signature are accurate and complete.
- Development, maintenance and updating of a comprehensive filing system (manual and electronic) within the Assistant Director’s office ensuring the storage of confidential records.
- Design, creation and maintenance of a booking system for the effective use of meeting rooms for internal and external customers, receiving of visitors and arranging hospitality as appropriate.
- Organisation of major functions, etc, and associated back up arrangements including receiving guests, attendance at functions/events as required by the Assistant Director.
- Responsible for receipt of and formulating responses to all comments received within the service, from the public, on behalf of the Assistant Director. Responsible for the design and production of regular analysis reports on comments received.
Under the direction of the appropriate line manager:
In the absence of the Area Administration officer assist in ensuring the smooth running of the administration department including but not exclusively;
- Record keeping,
- Internal mail,
- Postal services,
- Leave sheets,
- Telephone services,
- Accounts preparation and follow-up,
- Stationery supply and distribution,
- Hire of accommodation,
- Ensuring appropriate clerical/typing support staff are available for the public service,
- Ensuring provision of switchboard service,
- Liaise with staff at all levels in all locations within Business Area /Section
- Carry out other relevant duties appropriate to this post, as required by the Assistant Director and support team.
Applicants must provide evidence that, by the closing date, they meet the following criteria:
- 5 GCSE/GCE O levels at grades A-C or equivalent, including English and Maths OR equivalent/ higher relevant qualification.
- Hold OCR/RSA Level 2 typewriting or word processing (parts 1&2) or equivalent
2 GCE A levels OR equivalent/higher qualification
- A minimum of 3 years’ administrative experience, in the last 6 years.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
- Experience of diary management.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good IT skills including use of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and communication software.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to successfully prioritise and manage a range of tasks within strict deadlines.
To express interest please submit CV using the link.