Our client, a leading public sector organisation based in the Stormont area of Belfast has an urgent requirement for a Statistical Officer to join their existing team.
This role is available immediately and for up to 51weeks.
Hourly rate is £9 rising to £15.67 after 12 completed weeks
Main Duties / Purpose of the role
he primary aim of the Team is to provide a professional service for the statistical, analytical and research needs of the Department. The team is responsible for the development, management and integration of datasets relating to criminal justice issues and the quality assurance, analysis and publication of timely and accurate information derived from these datasets. The team is also responsible for the commission, management and publication of research projects.
The purpose of the post is to provide support to the Statistician responsible for production of reoffending statistics.
The post-holders main tasks will involve:
- To assist in the production of annual official statistical bulletins.
- To assist in the production of bespoke reoffending analysis primarily using Data Lab methodology for use in the wider evaluation of offender behaviour programmes and interventions.
- To provide statistical support within the Department relating to Programme for Government and ongoing policy development.
- To provide statistical support to on bespoke projects commisioned within the Department.
- To assist in the restructuring and redesign of publications, widening the use of infographics.
- Assisting with the preparation of responses to AQs, FOI requests, ad hoc and press queries, and Ministerial correspondence.
Key Skills and Experience Required (Essential)
At least an upper second class honours degree (2:2) which has included training in statistics and /or social science research methods
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Team working and good interpersonal skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability and willingness to quickly understand, and work to review and develop outputs form this work area.
Technical Skills and Knowledge Required (Essential)
- Good data and analysis and presentation skills are important in this post, as well as a sound knowledge of software packages including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word,
- Extensive knowledge and experience of using SPSS.
- Development of DoJ infographics using e-draw (Desirable)
To apply please submit CV using the link