Lynn Recruitment are working in connection with our public sector client to appoint a Project Officer for the Dungannon area. This is a part time, temporary opportunity consisting of 24 hours per week.
The successful candidate will deliver, fund and evaluate a range of Local Economic Development, Town Centre, Cross Border, European and other funded programmes within the District
Main Duties Include:
- Ensuring stringent monitoring and evaluation procedures are established and adhered to for a wide range of projects funded from a variety of sources.
- Development and delivery of Council and other externally funded programmes from a variety of sources, e.g, Local Economic Development, Town Centre, European, Cross Border, etc.
- Assist with the formulation of terms of references, assessment of applications, preparation of comprehensive letters of offer to meet the requirements of the relevant funding authorities, e.g., DETI, Invest NI, DSD, European Union, Interreg, etc.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate groups receiving funding until project completion, providing ongoing support and assistance.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Applicants must hold a 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline OR Be able to demonstrate by personal and specific examples, a minimum 3 years’ experience in the development and delivery of projects.
- Experience: Applicants must provide specific and personal examples of having at least 2 years’ relevant experience in the following areas: Development and Delivery of programmes/projects Preparing qualitative and quantitative management and programme/project reports
- Competent in the use of IT Systems, including a working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and databases.
- Applicants must possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and a vehicle available for official business, or have access to a form of transport which enables them to meet the requirements of the post in full
- Applicants for this post must demonstrate the following competencies at Operational Level: Providing Leadership and Direction Setting Direction - Contributes to the development of the organizational strategy by bringing insights on customer feedback and expectations Managing Our Own Work
- Uses appropriate tools and techniques to plan work effectively Is able to utilise persuasive skills to convince others through a structured argument Collaborating in a Political Environment - Develops and maintains an appropriate network across team and/or organisational boundaries Influencing Outcomes
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join our large public sector client, committed to ensuring that their customers receive a first class level of service and offering genuine opportunities for career progression.
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 9023 4324.