Ready to Revolutionise Retail?
We’re looking for a person to join us on our journey to change retail.
We have a brand new store and concept. We need someone to take the helm and drive us forward.
This is an exciting and dynamic role, where your input will be critical in helping us achieve our goals.
Fresh Food Centres Ltd is seeking a Store Trading Manager for their newly built store to bring their customers an innovative shopping experience.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the initial store fit out and then the day-to-day running of the store, promoting the brand, maximise sales, ensure promotions are run accurately and to the company's standards while ensuring that excellent customer care standards are met at all times.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Promoting footfall and excellent customer service to maintain customers
- Merchandise the shop
- Managing stock; Wholesale ordering, outside suppliers, intercompany transfers, leading the stock takes of the entire store under direction from company accountant
- Using the retail system efficiently to ensure correct pricing and promotion setup, recording sales figures, analyse data and forward plan
- Analysing weekly sales figures and forecasting future sales
- Analysing and interpreting customer trends to facilitate planning
- Respond to customer complaints and comments
- Organise and market special promotions, displays and events
- Attend group management meetings and chair internal department meetings
- Update colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- Tour the sales floor regularly, talking to department heads, colleagues and customers and identify or resolve issues
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what competitors are doing
- Initiating changes to improve the business if required to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market
- Analysing weekly reports from the Accounts team, identify and resolve any issues (e.g. Till loss, staff discounts etc)
- Producing daily, weekly and or monthly reports to directors as requested
- Provide staff / management rotas on a fair and business related basis and within budget
- Deal with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews
- Identifying, providing and organising effective training and development that members of your team may need
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health & safety are met
- Maintain and implement a health & safety manual for the entire store including risk assessments and fire safety procedures
- Resolving any health & safety, legal and security issues
Qualifications & Skills
- Higher Qualification in Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years retail management experience
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene (preferably hold a Level 2 Food Safety Award)
- effective leadership and the ability to motivate others
- the ability to plan and prioritise workloads and delegate accordingly
- customer focus
- the capacity to grasp new concepts quickly
- the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- shrewd business sense and well-developed commercial awareness
- a desire to work as part of a team to generate fresh and innovative ideas