We need food lovers...
Take your passion of food and share it with our team. We need a creative and inspirational leader to manage our successful deli. We’re open to new ideas, and our dedicated team can help you bring a world of flavours to our customers.
Food to Go manager is required to oversee the following in-store departments: Hot Food, Deli, and Icecream.
You will be an integral part of our management team to ensure continued success of our store. As manager, you will have the opportunity to join our company with strong values who are committed to developing their people from within. We desire someone that will be a passionate and positive influence on our team that will promote good food that is served by friendly and courteous staff. Hours of work are on a shift basis between 6am – 10pm.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- To introduce new menus and suggesting improvements to existing ones
- Costing all menus and ensuring that they are available for selection on the scales
- Ensuring the consistency, quality and safety of food to all customers
- Supporting the store manager in increasing sales and managing costs in line with targets set
- Analysing weekly sales figures and forecasting future sales
- Analysing and interpreting food trends and implementing them into the business
- Responsible for stock control including: sourcing, ordering, product quality, deliveries, wastage and pricing and carrying out stock takes as required.
- Liaise with the district Environmental Health Officer and keep accurate and relevant records for inspection i.e HACCP, COSHH, food traceability, food allergens, cleaning records etc.
- Responsible for organising, delivery and invoicing for any outside catering events
- Provide staff rotas to ensure the departments are working to the best of their ability on a fair and cost effective basis
- Deal with staff issues such as interviewing potential staff, inductions, training and appraisals. Identify training and development needs of existing team and promote a team spirit atmosphere
- Deal with employee conflict, irate customers and resolving situations
Qualifications & Skills
- Passion for food and possess culinary creativity
- HNC or above culinary qualification preferred
- 5+ years experience in a kitchen
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety and food hygiene (preferable a Level 2 Food Safety Award)
- At least 1 years experience as a Kitchen manager / chef
- Ability to run the kitchen with a pro-active and positive attitude
- Strong Leadership skills and the ability to motivate your team
- Current experience of Stock Control, Rotas, working to budgets and driving sales
- Ability to work under pressure whilst proving consistent quality of food
- Demonstrated knowledge of current industry trends
- Comfortable providing direction and supervision to the team