Deputy CEO Vacancy - Lurgan Credit Union Limited
40 Church Place, Lurgan, Craigavon, BT66 6EU
Lurgan Credit Union Limited is an established community based financial cooperative with 26,500 members, 4,000 minor accounts and growing. The credit union is providing a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and successful financial institution which is dedicated to delivering exceptional value and service to its members.
Job Ref: DCEO/19 – Permanent Full Time Deputy CEO
General Working Pattern: Tuesday – Saturday
Location: Lurgan, Co Armagh
Summary of Role:
Reporting directly to the CEO, and acting on authority vested in the position by the Board, the Deputy CEO will develop and maintain the operation as a high quality provider of an agreed range of services to the Credit Union membership.
He/she will establish and maintain standards of performance for all services provided, taking into account the requirement to achieve and maintain excellence in servicing the needs of the Board and the Credit Union. He/she will act as Deputy for the CEO and will be responsible for Strategic management of Shares & Loans and the Strategic Planning in the areas of IT, Training, Marketing and HR.
Salary £26,400 - £31,900
REWARDS & BENEFITS:
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer a range of other benefits including:
- 33 days annual leave allowance
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Long service awards
- Christmas shopping day
- Serious illness & term life cover
- Attendance & timekeeping awards
- Emergency leave
- Annual eye exam/glasses for VDU
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Free car parking
The ideal candidate will be committed to achieving high standards and should have:
- Degree and 3 years’ experience in a senior role or 5 years in a senior role;
- Strong analytical and financial reporting skills;
- Excellent communication skills together with the necessary interpersonal skills for team working including IT literacy;
- Experience in human resource management;
- Logical thinking with ability to problem solve and to act decisively;
- Strong leadership and the ability to motivate a team;
- Flexibility with an emphasis on delivery and growth;
- Driving licence with access to car.
This role will require occasional attendance at meetings outside normal business hours.
It would also be advantageous to have:
- Previous experience in a management role in a financial organisation;
- Experience in use of accounting packages such as Sage.
- Knowledge and understanding of Credit Union legislation;
For the purpose of shortlisting assessment criteria may be enhanced.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered. We are Investors in People accredited.
This position will be a Senior Management Function (SMF) within the Prudential Regulation Authority and Financial Conduct Authority’s Accountability Regime and is therefore subject to a criminal records check, regulatory reference and regulatory pre-approval.
How to apply:
Applications should be in the form of a full CV and an accompanying cover letter, detailing why you believe you are best suited to this role.
CVs without an accompanying cover letter will not be accepted.
To apply please CLICK THE APPLY NOW BUTTON or Apply by post to Fiona Clarke, 40 Church Place, Lurgan, Craigavon, BT66 6EU.
Closing Date for Applications: 29th March 2019 @ 4pm
To obtain a copy of our data protection privacy notice go to www.lurgancu.com
LCU is affiliated to the Irish League of Credit Unions and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Lurgan Credit Union Limited is an equal opportunity employer and will judge all applicants on merit.